2017 gravity season

So Clayton is just the promoter for the us open and not any way employed by mcbp? It's got to be at least a small step in the right direction though. But it is unusual for them not to be hosting any other events. Do you know if they bid on any progrt's, ESC, or enduro races for this year? At least they tried if that's the case. It's such an amazing place with such incredible trail variety, I just hope the (new?) owners realize what they have. I don't know a single thing about their finances, but between the lift tickets, rentals, service, retail shop, and beer garden, I'd like to think at least they come out some what ahead. But between platty, windham, blue mtn, and now thunder, they really need to stay on top of their game because more and more guys are traveling to these other spots more frequently it seems.......

Oobaa, from what I know secondhand... MCBP did not bid on any major events for this 2017. As I was the point person for the '15 ProGRT and was in the works of '16 ProGRT before I left the company being the point person for all things Bike Park (races, website, FB, updates, etc.) related aside from overseeing the Trail Operations. The problem now that MCBP is facing is that since all of us actual riders, except 2 trail crew employees, have left the business. The reasons why we left don't belong on a bike forum but i'll leave it as we weren't being taken care of...

The people that are now employed in the managerial roles of the Bike Park and most of the employees are not bike riders in any fashion, whatsoever. Bike Park's are a niche market and need an understanding by how the community works at all levels. From getting beginners hooked on the sport to hosting races that the most elite riders can enjoy and compete.

Your last sentence is what I've been saying for almost 2 years. MCBP was at the forefront for lift access parks back in 2011/2012. Since then, MCBP has plateaued where as all the other parks are hungry to tap into the market and still on an incline.

I'll leave it as 2017 has some great Bike Parks in the Northeast that are coming out strong, very excited to be back riding DH, AM, XC bikes and plan on visiting a lot of these new parks to check out their operations and trail networks!

I guess we can all just hope for the best........Having such an amazing place within an hours drive is awesome........As much as I'd like to check other places out, it's really not feasible for me as I usually hit up Creek for half days and can make it home by a decent time.....

Would love to get out to Arkansas and check Bentonville. Hear they got an amazing trail system with an awesome mix of pretty much everything.

Anyone been? Thoughts?

Would love to get out to Arkansas and check Bentonville. Hear they got an amazing trail system with an awesome mix of pretty much everything.

Anyone been? Thoughts?

I'm leaving for AR momentarily. I'll be coaching there the next two weekends. I was there in Nov and Bentonville and the surrounding area is pretty awesome. I'll be doing more exploring there during this trip.

I've heard that the trails at Bentonville are pretty good, they've been building it up as a destination (know someone who lives there), however, there is nothing there that you won't find up in Kingdom (which is still better, from what I've been told). If I were planning an MTB destination trip, its either Moab or Whistler.

So this is odd......I decided to give mtn Creek a call and inquire about the presale of season passes, and how very little information has been released so far..........And less than two hours later, they send out a mass email mentioning the US open, season passes, and also stating they are hoping to be open by early April.........$359 for a season pass btw......Which also grants you access into (tr)action park and 15% off eats, retail, rentals, etc

Last edited:
A lot of negativity swirling around MCBP during the offseason. But on a bright note, they doubled their JORBA discount to 20% this year. That brings a season pass down to $287, which makes a break even point of roughly 6 visits.

A lot of negativity swirling around MCBP during the offseason. But on a bright note, they doubled their JORBA discount to 20% this year. That brings a season pass down to $287, which makes a break even point of roughly 6 visits.

Yeah, saw that early today. That is great news. I remember a few years ago they were fighting me on even the 10% discount...

I was going to purchase season pass but jorba discount is only for day passes this was reply from e-mail

Good Morning,
The JORBA discount is only for single day lift tickets! Thank you!
Brandi C

I was going to purchase season pass but jorba discount is only for day passes this was reply from e-mail

Good Morning,
The JORBA discount is only for single day lift tickets! Thank you!
Brandi C

Was able to use my jorba card to purchase season pass, but that was in late September/early October

For anyone thinking of getting a Creek Season pass, I would reconsider if you won't go more than 11 times and get the MTB park pass instead.

So I did a geeky analysis and came to this conclusion. If you attend creek 11 times ONLY. it still cost more but only if you plan to go to thunder, blue, windham, and Burke. if not then you have to just pick up where I did the math and go from there. Attached is a picture showing the analysis.

MTB park pass is $140 (now i think its $170). You get 1 free pass to many mountains plus discounts like the season pass

1 free pass at blue, thunder, windham, killington, burke, creek and even whistler. and many many more.

At creek any trip after is 50% off. so 45/2 = $22.50

$359 = 11 days at creek if you get the Triple play pass at $33/visit. 359/33 = 10.87 (So 11 days)
That is $359, plus any ticket costs for the mentioned mountains above. my estimate is $524

If you get the park pass. $140, 11 days at creek is $225. (1 is free) and the above days at other mountains are FREE and thunder is 50% off. Total: $365

Both same number of days. If I lived close by to Creek and can go after work and more throughout the weekends, I would 100% get a season pass, but now after getting a taste of other places, I would make a point to go to Thunder more often and make more out of my days at Creek rather than going for a Saturday for a few hours.

Attachments

• received_10102139418989235.jpeg
    received_10102139418989235.jpeg
    17.3 KB · Views: 124
I did The parks pass last year but didn't fully use it to its ability. Sad when I got to deer valley and they weren't a participant. All good as I will do it again because it did force me to new places. Highlands needs to get on board also.

im also passing on a creek season pass , I have three free passes for creek , burke and highland from my results in the triple crown series so ill just continue racing and use that as an excuse to explore new parks

Yep. Should be fun. Not sure I'll try to register for the Amateur race, but it's definitely on my calendar.

FWIW, the 2017 Eastern States Cup dates have been announced: http://www.pinkbike.com/news/vittor...s-the-2017-downhill-and-enduro-schedules.html

It looks like the Gravity East Series is done as there is nothing new on the Facebook page (and the actual website doesn't appear to have been updated in years).

Gravity East ain't dead, just a bit Mid-Atlantic biased: http://www.maxxisgravityseries.com/
And if you wanna go real South: https://www.pinkbike.com/news/downhill-southeast-dates-and-locations-2017.html

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom