2017-2020 Grass & Yardwork Thread

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
im down to needing to cut ever 5 days, hasnt been happening with this shit weather (great for the fresh seed i put down about 2 weeks ago, shit for cutting the grass :/)

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
View attachment 52976
@pooriggy is this lime green stuff grass or weeds?
Looks like weeds, just based on color, I can't make out if it's nutsedge, kyllinga or crabgrass. If you want to control it you need an herbicide rated for annual grassy weeds, post emergence. This will be something you would have to mix with water in a 2 gallon hand pump sprayer.

Or you could just mow it.

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Also, little strips of grass like that are the first areas weeds encroach. That area bakes in sun and the asphalt and concrete surrounding it offer little protection. Water the shit out of it, raise mowing height and maybe you'll keep grass on it.

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
Jeez I just went mental trying to figure this out. It looks like it grows fast AF but doesn't have seeds or anything under it. Been watering it well and your description of the strip being worse is true. The part by the house that has good grass seems to be blocking it all out... but still has the taller lime green jams in small spots.

Gonna just light it all on fire

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I find @pearl trying to grow grass.....hilarious. Not sure why, but it is.

rick81721

Lothar
Having just spent the last few hours trimming trees and shrubs I've come to the conclusion that yard work blows and is a big waste of time. Will be glad when this is a thing of the past

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
that is some sorta weed. smoke it up!

that stupid sidewalk strip in front of my house is an absolute disaster. between the road salt, dead grass, weeds, nothing stays alive in expect bizarre crap. i debated tearing it all up and putting down sod, but figure screw it. it will most like just get really screwed up again anyway.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
i have weed and feed, will that do it?

what is road salt? :p

bag of doritos will cover that whole post.

swipe some artificial turf from the local driving range service area - done, trimmed, green, no divots.

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
i have weed and feed, will that do it?
:p
No.
Weed and Feed is for pre emergent control, you already have weeds so you need post emergent control, dumb ass.

You have crabgrass, it's in the early stages so it should be easy to control. Go into Local landscape supply Shoppe and looked in herbicide section for crabgrass killer. Make sure you don't get lawn and weed killer, you want just weed killer, zippy.

It will be in liquid form, either ready to use or concentrate. If concentrate you will need a hand sprayer and the ability to mix 2oz/gallon or some other ratio like that, numbnuts.

Ok, go.

qclabrat

Have a mower not doing well, its a push mower (JD JS40)
Starts up good but after a few minutes of mowing it cuts out and won't start again for some time
there's a priming bulb but no choke
Don't see fuel filter and the air filter is clean, still need to check the spark plug

qclabrat

No.
Weed and Feed is for pre emergent control, you already have weeds so you need post emergent control, dumb ass.

You have crabgrass, it's in the early stages so it should be easy to control. Go into Local landscape supply Shoppe and looked in herbicide section for crabgrass killer. Make sure you don't get lawn and weed killer, you want just weed killer, zippy.

It will be in liquid form, either ready to use or concentrate. If concentrate you will need a hand sprayer and the ability to mix 2oz/gallon or some other ratio like that, numbnuts.

Ok, go.
that looks a lot like the grasses I've seen in the Caribbean, not dismissing your assessment, just looks a little different from crabgrass from my 30" monitor

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
that looks a lot like the grasses I've seen in the Caribbean, not dismissing your assessment, just looks a little different from crabgrass from my 30" monitor
It looks like young crabgrass, before multiple tiller stage but if not it definitely is a grassy weed, in which case crabgrass killer should take care of it.

Top Bottom