2016 Trek Farley

I am looking to build the Stache, but now the Farley is going to accept 27.5x4 makes it a harder decision!!!

I am looking to build the Stache, but now the Farley is going to accept 27.5x4 makes it a harder decision!!!

That new Stache really has my interest. It may just very well be my next new, and first almost fat bike. I love the colors on the 5 and 7 and it'll give me a little bit of winter rideability over my 29ers. There's something I really love about the funky chainstays.

The Stache is multi size wheels- from what I believe. If I do it, I'll buy the frame and build myself. However, with what it seems like, a new bike comes out daily, I will have to ride the Stache at dirt fest... That'll be my deciding factor.

Yeah, the Stache is either 27.5+ or 29+. With the new Boost spacing I'd imagine that 29" wheels should be a bit stronger too which is nice. I was thinking about frame only, but piecing together a nice build with all the new tech of Boost compatible cranks, hubs, fork, etc. I'd assume to add up up quick. Definitely want to one for a spin if I find a demo.

Yeah, the Stache is either 27.5+ or 29+. With the new Boost spacing I'd imagine that 29" wheels should be a bit stronger too which is nice. I was thinking about frame only, but piecing together a nice build with all the new tech of Boost compatible cranks, hubs, fork, etc. I'd assume to add up up quick. Definitely want to one for a spin if I find a demo.
Dirtfest will have an array of bikes to demo. I don't know If I will have enough time to demo all that I want to demo! Do I even bring my bike??

For those interested, I have a Stache 9 19.5 Demo at Sussex Bike Andover. I also have 27.5 x3.25 set up on my Farley if anyone is curious how that rides. 2016 Farleys start hitting the shop in August. Too many decisions these days.

I demo'd the Stache 9 which has a 29+ (29x2.75) setup mated with a Manitu fork at Dirtfest this past weekend. I must say I'm more impressed with the 29+ concept than the bike itself... especially at around $3900.

I demo'd the Stache 9 which has a 29+ (29x2.75) setup mated with a Manitu fork at Dirtfest this past weekend. I must say I'm more impressed with the 29+ concept than the bike itself... especially at around $3900.

when you can compare the price for this:

http://cnj.craigslist.org/mcd/4990355073.html

to what you just quoted for a bicycle, my brain goes:

latest

I demo'd the Stache 29 at Sussex Bike and it climbed well and felt ridiculously smooth. Like I need another bike...

Back
Top Bottom