2016 Salsa Horsethief frame - How much $$$ is it worth ?

serviceguy

Looking into an used aluminum 2016 Horsethief frame, I managed to get the seller to provide the serial number to check it against the stolen bike database but there's a chance it may have bullshitted me. Is there a specific format used by Salsa to number their frames?

Also, what price would be considered fair for that frame in very good condition?

Thanks fro any input.

serviceguy

The number checks clean on bikeregister. IF I buy the frame the number goes both on the buyer's comment and the paypal statement to cover my ass.

Is it supposed to be HORSE.... ?

Honestly I'd rather buy locally but I never have time to visit a local store,if they even carry used inventory...

rick81721

Lothar
The number checks clean on bikeregister. IF I buy the frame the number goes both on the buyer's comment and the paypal statement to cover my ass.

Is it supposed to be HORSE.... ?

Honestly I'd rather buy locally but I never have time to visit a local store,if they even carry used inventory...

My spearfish has: SPEAR-18 on one side of bottom bracket, AS bunch-of-numbers on the other

serviceguy

Well, I renamed the thread because I realized that is really what my concern is. Guy on eBay is asking $899 for what looks a very good condition aluminum frame and shock. Not too keen on the components that came stock on the bike but those are gone so I wouldn't buy the whole bike but $899 for just the aluminum frame seems a little steep. Thoughts?

w_b

Offer $50 then walk if he balks. Unless you physically can go see it, then maybe offer $70 if it’s perfect.

w_b

Yup, methinks you would be taking a chance even with a complete bike, sight unseen, at that price.

w_b

Let me be clearer. To answer your question in post #5:

5298B46C-F805-44B4-8E8E-FD5FEC219C9A.jpeg

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
$899 doesn’t really seem like a steal for that bike unless you specifically wanted that frame. I got my Transition Bandit as a brand new left over for ~$900 a few years back. I’m sure you can find something good for that budget.

Top Bottom