2016 Pivot Mach 429 Trail - Medium

Somebody buy this and you will not be disappointed. I have a switchblade and it kicks ass.knapps sells them also.

@Glenn - Without weighing mine, I would say it probably just a little bit heavier with the Bontrager SE 5 on the rear. That is a bit of a heavier tire than the XR 4. I am still running the 2x on it and I would say the wheels are probably wash (the DT Swiss versus Stans Arches). I didn't think I could achieve the 22ishlbs of my current SL with the trail. That coupled with the increased travel that my body would have to soak/use more energy on makes the SL a better option for myself at least. I honestly did toy with the idea of 1x, less aggressive (lighter) tires, removing the dropper and see where I could get it. The bike is just too good in my opinion to try and make it like the SL. It was built for trail riding and dropping, etc. Not meant to be a nimble/agile race bike.

The math I did with mine by changing tires, 1x and removing dropper would save about 2.15 pounds roughly. There are some other variables, but that was the rough number.

Last edited:
Offers for either the bike or the frameset? Would rather sell to someone on MTBNJ. Have a bike and/or frame on order with Pivot just waiting for me to tell them which I want.

Mike you are very welcome. I hope you enjoy it as I did. Hopefully in the next year or so, I will be able to throw that bike around again and add one back to my rotation.

Back
Top Bottom