2016 JORBA Jungle Jam

mwlikesbikes

Who's got a local West Milford weather report??? Curious as to what it's doing out there right now. It doesn't look like they got as much rain as here in central Jersey.

KenS

JORBA: Director
JORBA.ORG
Never been to this event before any any like it... so I have no idea what to expect. Do any of the vendors sell stuff?
Yes, but this event is mostly about riding, meeting like minded people, and learning about JORBA by riding a place built from scratch by volunteers from the org.

It's also about seeing the world's best bicycle show by Jeff and seeing a dude break bend lift incredible things and stick his hand in a cougar trap.

gtluke

The Moped
It rained pre dawn up here but it stopped a while ago. Jungle handles water fine. Just be careful on the mossy black top in the woods. See you there.

Mare

I figured this would be a mess. Pouring by me so slept late. Sounds like it's ok up there and I should skip breakfast and speed up 287?

CrankAddictRich

Just got home. I really enjoyed it. I started the beginner ride with Kathi and was enjoying it. The instruction was great. Unfortunately, I made a dumb decision to skip out early to try and make the Fatbike ride, but my skill level was definitely not up to keeping up with those guys on the rock garden stuff and I got left behind pretty quickly. I hope they didn't waste too much waiting for me. I should have stuck with Kathi as I probably would have gotten the most out of that ride. The silver lining was that after doing the beginning part of the warthog trail again by myself, I ended up catching up with @jimvreeland in the parking lot and he took me along on a ride of warthog, giving me some tips along the way... Thanks Jim and Jorba, great event. I'm glad I became a member and hopefully you guys can use the funds from today to further improve MTB conditions, trails and awareness all over the state (Watchung, hint, hint). *hoping my raffle ticket gets pulled for the group set*

original.jpg

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
It was a great day out there today.
MTB Gods > Weather Gods on this day.
Probably the the part of NJ least hit with rain. Upper trails were a little slick, but mostly just awesome conditions.

So props to JORBA for another great day. It's like 18 flavors of awesome.
We have great trails, great demo bikes, great shows, great food, and oh yeah- rides for all ages and abilities.

Thanks to JORBA for a must-do event every year, and a the volunteers that make it happen. And thanks to all that came out to support and get/renew their JORBA memberships. This is done by you, and today is just an example of the awesome trails, peeps and fun that you get in return.

I don't dare try to tag everyone I saw today, but thanks for coming out- was great to see you.
-J
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

icebiker

JORBA: Morris Trails
JORBA.ORG
Awesome event everyone...and a bunch of new joiners to Jorba! Welcome to the fold and thanks to all the volunteers that made this event happen, the volunteers that maintain the sweet trails at Jungle, and all the sponsors and vendors that kept us pumped and fed! Special props to all the young kids out there today for reminding the rest of us old guys what it's all about...you keep it real!

trailhead

JORBA: Wildcat/Splitrock
JORBA.ORG
. I hope they didn't waste too much waiting for me.

We did wait for awhile, and when the guy with the white ibis topped out knew you must have peeled off. My apologies if the pace was too fast. The rest of the group was bunch of very advanced riders.

Top Bottom