2016 Hillier Than Thou: New Jersey's Toughest Century

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
It's actually s fun and scenic route. I did my own similar version 2 months ago and it was fine. And I'm no @jShort

I live on the loop (or right next to it) so I am very familiar with the area. Props to everyone who does it, but for some reason, I have little to no desire to ride my bike for that long.

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
I did it simi
I live on the loop (or right next to it) so I am very familiar with the area. Props to everyone who does it, but for some reason, I have little to no desire to ride my bike for that long.
lar starting from @jimmy g s house.Just eat and stay hydrated and you will be fine. I enjoy long grueling rides the most...not sure why.

phillychris498

Did a good portion (95 miles/10.3k feet) of this route yesterday. We cut off a few of the final climbs because the group was starting to crack. Went for a dip in the river along Black River Rd and felt like I could have done the rest but food was calling. Would like to try the whole thing again someday but September conflicts with cross season :(

https://www.strava.com/activities/622047392/overview

Nice ride! very similar to what the HTT loop is shaping up to be. I might be leading some group rides that hit different portions of the loop on Sunday mornings. PM me if interested

bigW

Someone needs to create a ride called: Flatter than thee: NJ's easiest century. I'm all over that one!

Twin Lights in September from Sandy Hook fits the bill. Not boring and kinda funky vibe with all sorts of different ride lengths finishing at the same time. Bad band and good lobster roll at the finish.

Mashed my way through HTT a few times but the worst was last year (cancelled) where I just rode the course solo. Pushed it pretty hard so the last 30 miles were not fun.

No need to do that again.

Will be there this year.

-W

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Went back to the drawing board, came up with this route: https://www.strava.com/routes/5536872
Check it out!! Any feedback about the new route versus the originally posted route would be appreciated.
Estimated moving time of 5:38? Damn son!

This has already been on my radar but typically conflicts with the TDP or around that same weekend. I love me some climbing and that area but don't feel the need to do this one.

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Been there, climbed that. I think I did this about 4 yrs in a row, one year I got 3 rd?
I don't put the road miles in that I used to. I'm more mtber less roadie these days.

Still this is a real measure of roadie climbing bad ass. It's kinda like being Rocky in the ring, you look up and get punched in the face. By the end you get numb to it.
Yo Adrian.

Top Bottom