2015-2016 BIYF online winter complaint repository

rlb

BIYF stands for B_____ in your face. So, whatever you're riding for. Base? Bullshit? Boners? It's up to you!

Based on the other discussion, the contest is as follows:

Official Rules:
  1. Contest will run from 12/23/2015 to 3/20/2015. Winter, with a 1-day shift.
  2. There will be 2 categories:Elite cat will be an all-out "battle of the hours" for those who have the dedication/time/endurance to do a shit ton of riding. You know who you are.Mortal cat will be for the rest of us.
  3. Mortal cat can score a maximum of 6 points per day. Elite cat is uncapped.
  4. There will be 3 winners: Elite, Mortal, and "The biggest whiner"
  5. Prizes TBD. Potential prizes might be: nothing, people liking one or more of your posts, a new bike, or anything in between.
  6. GPS is not required but strongly encouraged. Times are slightly discretionary but not by much (i.e. 56 minutes will be considered a full hour, but don't make it a habit).
  7. Report your ride by posting the date, moving time, and GPS link in this thread and it will be logged by the data wizard.
  8. All points are based on moving time, not elapsed time.
  9. Points will not be awarded for riding in blatant disregard of poor trail conditions. Repeat offenders will be permanently disqualified.
  10. There is no rule 10.
  11. Don't be an ass. I reserve the right to act on anything that is not in the spirit of having fun in a friendly adult competition.
  12. Use your brain and ride safely/responsibly. Points will not be awarded for rides that disregard common sense (riding the road in a blizzard at 11pm, etc.) You alone are responsible for your own safety.

Scoring:
  1. Elite cat: 1 point per one full hour of riding.
    Mortal cat: 2 points for the first full hour of riding, .5 additional points for each additional half hour. Any riding >5 hours in a day will not accrue any additional points.

Example:
    • 1 hour = 2 points
    • 1.5 hours = 2.5 points
    • 2 hours = 3 points
    • ...so on and so forth...
    • 5 hours = 6 points

2. Random bonus days: One day each week will be randomly chosen as a bonus day. All points scored on that bonus day will be doubled.
    • Each week will begin on a Monday (day 1) and end on a Sunday (day 7).
    • Bonus days will be determined by the following Monday evening Pick 3 drawing.
    • The first number that corresponds with a day of the week will determine the bonus day. For example: 219=Tuesday, 912 = Monday, 987 = Sunday, 888 = no bonus day that week.

3. Monthly content bonus: To encourage the sharing/write-ups there will be a monthly content bonus of 6 points awarded for Dec-Jan, Feb, March.
    • I will pick finalists based on best adventure/write-up/pictures.
    • Winners will be chosen by poll, the top 2 poll results will each get 6 bonus points.
    • For your content to be considered it must be a write-up posted in this thread along with your ride entry. Alternatively you can link to a post in your blog thread but it should be a specific ride/adventure recap.

How to join:
  1. Respond here declaring your category.
  2. Post your ride date/time/link
  3. Track progress in the scoring spreadsheet (coming soon)

TLDR
  1. Choose category (respond in this thread)
  2. Ride bike 1-5 hours per day. Enter your data, earn points. Write about it, maybe earn more.
  3. Next week you'll find out which day was the random bonus day.

Last edited:
Write-up bonus for March:

No vote because it wouldn't affect the standings.

Choices:
rick81721 Horsethief first ride
Arwen's Mom Jungle Habitat with family
JimN Pretty Epic
Huffster Harriman history

Write-up bonus for February:

The poll for the February content bonus is now open, please vote! As a reminder, the top 2 poll results will each get 6 bonus points. Voting is open for 48 hours.

Choices:
@rickrollcoal
SSP exploring

@huffster
almost lost like rick in Wawayanda

@JimN
Mahlon to Mountain Creek

@Arwen's Mom
Seven of Five’s Great Adventure part 3

@stb222
CA bobcat ride

February content bonus winners:

stb222 6 points
Arwen's Mom and huffster tied, so they'll each get 3 bonus points

View attachment 32411

Write-up bonus for Dec-Jan:

Winners: rick81721 & Arwen's Mom

Bonus Days

Week 1 (12/23 - 12/27): No bonus day (Winning Number=297, it would have been a Tuesday)
Week 2 (12/28 - 1/3): Wednesday 12/30 (winning number=936)
Week 3 (1/4 - 1/10): Wednesday 1/6 (winning number=388)
Week 4 (1/11 - 1/17): No bonus day (Winning Number=908)
Week 5 (1/18 - 1/24): Tuesday 1/19 (Winning Number=267)
Week 6 (1/25 - 1/31): Monday 1/25 (Winning Number=136)
Week 7 (2/1 - 2/7): Tuesday 2/2 (Winning Number=026)
Week 8 (2/8 - 2/14): Tuesday 2/9 (Winning number=238)
Week 9 (2/15 - 2/21): Thursday 2/18 (Winning number=425)
Week 10 (2/22 - 2/28): Saturday 2/27 (Winning number=650)
Week 11 (2/29 - 3/6): Monday 2/29 (Winning number=145)
Week 12 (3/7 - 3/13): Tuesday 3/8 (Winning number=020)
Week 13 (3/14 - 3/20): Saturday 3/19 (Winning number=067)

Last edited:
nicely straddles the line between simple and complicated.

looks good to me.

let the whining commence.

oh, I am a mortal

I am not doing this, so I truly dont care either way, but just a thought on this one:
2) You may use a maximum of 2 rides per day to score points ------> Under review, need to check against previous years BIYF

Might not work well for people who commute to and from work and then ride after work. Technically that would be a 3 ride day???

Thank you for making this
Now because ADD I have to re-read 10x more to understand
Not your problem it's my problem

Reactions: rlb
This year is about leaving my comfort zone.

lets party.png

Elite

AM has a good point - sum of ride time in a day - rides that straddle midnight are declared in their starting day? or either day?

(see what this turns into.....now that i'm not the rule guy....)

I am not doing this, so I truly dont care either way, but just a thought on this one:

Might not work well for people who commute to and from work and then ride after work. Technically that would be a 3 ride day???

You choose which 2 rides you want to use, make one of them count!

AM has a good point - sum of ride time in a day - rides that straddle midnight are declared in their starting day? or either day?

(see what this turns into.....now that i'm not the rule guy....)

Did we have any rides straddling midnight in the past? Whichever day has the majority of the moving time, if it's an even split then it's the day the ride originated.

Last edited:
not in, but don't understand these two statements Rob

3) Mortal cat can score a maximum of 6 points per day. Elite cat is uncapped.

Mortal cat: 2 points for the first full hour of riding, .5 additional points for each additional half hour. Any riding >5 hours in a day will not accrue any additional points.

Doesn't that mean any riding past 3 hrs won't add pts? not 5

Back
Top Bottom