2013 Salsa Vaya

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Matty worked in mid-town, whats about 30-40 blocks on a bike?

Curious to see if you did what he did, drive to parking location, ride in.

What would the time difference be?

181 st to 65 st so more like 120 blocks, best bet is parking at Soundz crib though you can park at Park by ChrisRU right off the turnpike and climb Fort Lee hill. I have ridden down to battery a few times it's like another 10 to 15 minutes. If Norm rode from Soundz to work would be about an hour. Bonus is you get to ride back. I do miss my city bike commute...

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
181 st to 65 st so more like 120 blocks, best bet is parking at Soundz crib though you can park at Park by ChrisRU right off the turnpike and climb Fort Lee hill. I have ridden down to battery a few times it's like another 10 to 15 minutes. If Norm rode from Soundz to work would be about an hour. Bonus is you get to ride back. I do miss my city bike commute...

The biggest down side is the drive home. The GSP going home would be murder. This looks like 1:45 going in, best case-ish. Figure 2 hours on bad days. Going home likely 2 hours, or so.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
The biggest down side is the drive home. The GSP going home would be murder. This looks like 1:45 going in, best case-ish. Figure 2 hours on bad days. Going home likely 2 hours, or so.

hence why I got a new job, if i lived where Chris or Soundz did it would be a no brainer...

Dusty the Whale

Mr.Chainsaw
bump

After talking with some people in my corner we agreed I am too high on the price...So I dropped it $200.

It was also suggested I remove saddle and bags to sell separately on the Ebay but I don't have an account and really think that stuff makes the bike & should stay with it...Besides you can ride that Brooks with no bib shorts ALL DAY! I did and 80 mile ride from Apt A to South Street Seaport for beers and lunch one day in jeans and a T shirt...

This is what I had. A hot dog with crunched up potato chips & some kind of spicy ketchup, a few local beers, a slab of seasoned pork belly drizzled in syrup and a Waffle from that awesome waffle truck

Attachments

• BiGZjvYIMAAYH8n.jpg
    BiGZjvYIMAAYH8n.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 48

Dusty the Whale

Mr.Chainsaw
Would like to bump this. I was informed 2 months ago that we will in fact be moving from my beloved Bloomfield back down towards Woodbridge.

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
come on man, you know how this is going to end. what was the last bike that sold on here for $1000?

now youll be south of 78 i can see your ugly ass more

Mitch

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Would like to bump this. I was informed 2 months ago that we will in fact be moving from my beloved Bloomfield back down towards Woodbridge

Man Allaire and Hartshorne ain't gonna be the same anymore. Welcome home...

Robson

Frame is 55 right? it may fit me. Can you put fenders on that thing? I could use it as as commuter I guess?

Robson

My road bike frame is 56 cm so 55 is close enough. I'm not crazy about frame color but will think about it...I'll need something like this in NYC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom