2012 Cannondale Flash 29er - medium

soulchild

I genuinely love this bike but in light of recent events I've decided to sell it... below is my post in the "post your bike" thread from February with pics from when I got the new Flash Aluminum frame and swapped all my stuff over... there is a scuff across the top tube from the bars swinging around and I'm sure a scratch or 2 since February... I'll get anyone interested actual pics but I'm layed up right now and don't feel like bothering... and no, I'm not interested in parting it out...

****$2,000****
point of reference, the 2012 Flash 29er 1 cost $2550 msrp equipped with x9/x7 combo, aluminum lefty, and generic wheels...

2012 Flash Aluminum 29er size medium weighing in at 22.22lbs *frame purchased in Feb.
Lefty Carbon SL** (from my Flash Carbon 29er) *upgraded by Cannondale in Feb. from 80mm DLR to 90mm XLR internals w/ hydraulic lockout
Stan's ZTR Arch wheels setup tubeless w/ Maxxis Ignitor Exo * wheels purchased April 2011 after SSaP
Magura Marta SL brakes
Cannondale SI carbon cranks (BB30) 173mm *I'll include the original FSA V-Drive 175mm 44/32/22 crankset
34t Rotor Q Ring
KMC X9SL chain
e13 XCX-ST chain guide
SRAM X0 short cage RD
SRAM X0 rear trigger shifter *new cable in Feb. (I'll include the gold front shifter)
SRAM PG 990 11-34 cassette
Ritchey WCS Carbon 10D flat bar
Cannondale SAVE carbon post *new in Feb.
Fizik Gobi XM saddle
Shimano XT pedals
Blackburn carbon cages
*new BB30 and headset bearings in Feb.

** from what I can see, the only Cannondale offerings that come with the Carbon Lefty anymore are going to cost you over 5k...

so last week I went to wash my Flash Carbon and noticed the seat stay was cracked (I still have no idea how this happened as this thing hasn't seen the ground in forever)... shot over to Halter's to chat with the fellas and discuss options... after talking to Jay we decided on an AL Flash frame and just swap components...

new Flash frame, upgraded my Lefty Carbon SL with XLR internals and hydro lockout, SAVE seatpost, E13 chainguide, BB30/headset bearings, and shift cable and we have a 22.22lb (almost) new whip for 2012 - not too shabby...

tumblr_lz94a9DC5J1qi6mxl

tumblr_lz943up38t1qi6mxl

tumblr_lz949o5BIw1qi6mxl

tumblr_lz9485YKCD1qi6mxl

Last edited:

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
I'm driving to your house to kick you in the balls and slap some sense into you. I wouldn't answer your door if I were you...

-Jim.

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Why sell this Lou?

You should keep this bike. Right now u may feel like shit and not want to even look at a bike...this is normal.

Eventually u will feel the need to ride again.

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
you're friggin killing me right now lou. please take this down. when you come off the morphine you're gonna be pist.

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
According to my calculations ( calculator), you will be able to buy 225 bottles of Double Jack. You don't need to walk to drink.

Kirt

JORBA: Chimney Rock, Team MTBNJ.COM
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
You're buying an FS when you get back to pedaling, right?

ArmyOfNone

I am getting his car towed. He is gonna have to gimp his ass to starbucks now.

Last edited:

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
i have bought and sold enough stuff to adivse that you keep it. unless you need the money for a full time hooker, if so, carry on

Carson

Sport Bacon
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Lou, I nearly did the same thing last fall when I fell to pieces. I hope you don't regret this, buddy.

Jerzeejoe

Keep the Bike!!!

Lou,

OK heres the deal...I have nver met you but lemme tell ya my lil story.. Ill make it short... Well I ride and Race MX and have had many many crashes some bad Ie broken bones, exposed bone.. concussions.. and some minor..... After a bad crash that would sell my bike and gear... Well fast forward a few months later I would kick myself in the ass, want to ride and have to go buy all new shit!!!! So I literally have done this say 5 or 6 times... And it gets exansive like 6-8 k for a new MX bike before the goodies... So sit back chill and put your bike away.. its best to just cover it with a sheet and focus on your injury.... Then as you progress and heal up start heading back to the shop and the trails and hang out with everyone and before you know it you will be uncovering your bike and back out on the trail happy as ever!!! Now go pop some more pain meds and watch Jerry Springer!!

But if you really wanna sell i got the cash and Ill sell it back to you when you want it back .... SO just Keep it

Last edited:

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
Go ahead sell it.. I have a med scalpel 29er w/ your name on it. They are better on bad knees.

Jerzeejoe

Bike

Good call.... If your like me you will kick yourself in the ass once you sell it, unless your looking to replace it....Just think of it this way its not going anywheres and you will be jonesing to get back on a bike in a few weeks... Here is an Inspirational link for you of a Buddy of mine named Harold Glissen this video was taken on Jan 15th---

http://mxptv.com/video/video-harold-glissen-injury-update-unc-chapel-hill-hospital/-

heres an update Video Taken on Mar 8th---

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lScFfgha2vM&feature=relmfu

Now after watching those vids tell me your thoughts

Joe

mwlikesbikes

I'm driving to your house to kick you in the balls and slap some sense into you. I wouldn't answer your door if I were you...

-Jim.

You know Jim is serious when he says he's gonna Drive there instead of riding his bike!

I'm gonna join everybody else and say don't sell her, keep her in your living room as inspiration and motvation.
Wounds heal, chicks dig scars, biking is forever!

Get well soon

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Jay makes a good point....the scalpel will be a nice reward for your pain :)....that said, I dont think you should sell this bike until you are offically shopping in the ramen noodle aisle.

Here is an Inspirational link for you of a Buddy of mine named Harold Glissen this video was taken on Jan 15th---

Sorry to derail but....Love Harold....I often think about him every time I feel like I cant do something in life.

Jerzeejoe

Harold

Harold is an awesome guy... Ive known him for a decent amount of years now through Moto, hes always laughing and just having a good time making the best of any situation hes in ... I mean how many guys do you know can ride Mx with only a partial arm, most people I know cant ride and they have all their limbs... SO my hat is always off to Harold.

soulchild

I have thought this over and I am 100% selling it. I had to adjust the price point after going over the specifics without being hopped up on meds...

I already have a pm from someone who is interested but anyone else who is interested feel free to shoot me a pm and I'll keep you in the loop if this transaction falls through...

Top Bottom