2011 Cannondale Flash 29er 1

glide

C-dale or my LBS not sure who truly fronted the bill but it works great now.

Yeah...definitely an odd one for preferring a 26er. Took a sip of the kool-aid and spit it back out. The bike is fast, efficient and light. Great for a racer and probably most other trail riders.

Last edited:

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
This should be an easy sell. This is C-dale's best selling 29er by a mile. They have been out of most sizes for some time. Level off that seat before you let anyone try it.

$1400 is reasonable.

glide

Will do with the seat...good advice.

I would have to think long and hard at $1400 hoping more for $1600 +. Again, it is a longshot but would love to orchestrate a trade for a RZ 120, Fuel EX 8, etc.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
The RZ 120 is a solid bike. If I lived in UT i would have one for sure.

In NJ the bike you have is the one I would go for. It takes some time to re-learn how to ride a hardtail. You get lazy and forget to lift your ass off the seat.

JDurk

I'm pretty familiar with the places you ride mentioned in your profile. I have a Prophet and a '10 Flash 29. I haven't ridden the Prophet in the past 2 years except to do a Super D. I pick the Flash to ride GCC and Ceres.

Give it a chance. I'm no fan of the Kenda SB8. Maybe try a tire change, something with more volume and run at lower pressure. I've used Kenda Nev 2.2's and currently running Maxxis Ignitors 2.1s with tubes at 26/28 psi F/R.

JD

soulchild

I think you should part it out ;) I'll take the derailleur hanger :D

seriously though you should have no trouble selling this thing... good luck

Last edited:

Dr Superb

just to add, i own this bike as well, and think its incredible. I also agree with JDurk who said to replace the Kenda SB8 tires. I really disliked those.

Out of curiosity, why do you not like the bike? or you just like a fully much more...

Luckily i have not had any of the chain suck problems that i've heard about with the FSA crankset. Actually i've had a really good experience with them so far!

oh, if you do part it out, i may be interested in the fork for a new project :)

glide

Dr Superb,

I do not dislike the bike rather agree it is a great bike.

How I see it... This is not my first 29er experience but easily the best one I've ridden. I agree with other postings that 29ers have many strengths and are probably the best tool for most riders in our environment. After a 10 + year hiatus from mountain biking I picked up a SE 29er rigid single-speed to cruise around town with my kids. Did not take long before I was hooked again. Although cool, one gear was tough at times so I upgraded to a Redline D440 1x9 rigid 29er. Better, but I was trail riding more and thought the pain in my lower back, chest, shoulder and arms after most rides was due to my age. Convinced by some friends I picked-up a discounted Specialized FSR XC from a nearby shop (26 FS) and instantaneously the post-ride pain disappeared and I felt refreshed after my rides able to do multiple laps. Now a suspension convert and having a lot of fun jumping, bunnyhopping, etc the playful smaller wheels. I noticed the lack of momentum and increased washout in terms plus other 26" weaknesses so test rode a FS 29er and quickly determined it was too much bike for me (lost all the fun and didn't have the spunk of the hard-tail 29ers). Enter the Flash 29er. Again it is a great bike and I often take both to the trail and do a lap on each. Just seem to smile more on the FS 26. If I raced, was concerned about my time or rode the most efficient lines with a focus on speed and pedaling the Flash 29er would be the call. I like jumping, wheelies, picking the least efficient line, leaving the smoothed out trail to see a little action, etc. I get bored just pedaling and find the FS with the less awkward wheel size adapts to my liking better. No rush to sell as it doesn't hurt me by keeping it but figured I throw out a feeler to see if anyone with a quality FS 26 (preferably with a Lefty) was thinking the exact opposite of me.

Sorry you asked huh?

glide

Yes...

I have been enjoying it recently so not overly excited to sell but will for $1500

Last edited:

mbacon

I have a medium Santa Cruz Blur I would trade for this. It's loaded: SRAM xo, Swiss DT wheels, etc.

Top Bottom