2010 MTBNJ.com/JORBA Potluck Picnic

Mare

October 24, 2010
12:00 p.m. until whenever
Lewis Morris Park
270 Mendham Road, Morristown

What: You are invited to attend and take advantage of the chance to put a faces to names, mingle with some friends, and chat with people that won’t actually get sick of how much you talk about bikes (unlike family). MTBNJ has hosted this picnic for the past 3 years…they have always had a great turn out and everyone has a great time so you won’t want to miss this! Bring guests, spouses, and kids…this is a friendly event for everyone.

Riding: Although there are no formal ride times planned, certainly bring your bike. Someone else is always there wanting to ride, and the park is well marked so if you want to explore, you will not get (too) lost.

Directions: The picnic will take place in the same pavilion as last year, located near Sunrise Lake. Enter the park off of Mendham Road, head up the hill, and make a right at the sign directing you towards the lake.

Food: We ask that everyone brings something to share. We will need stuff from the following categories:

• Chips or other foods to pick on
  • Salads/Sides
  • Main dishes (burgers, etc.)
  • Desserts
  • Condiments/Extras
  • Beverages
RSVP: Please post here what you plan to bring and I will update this thread as time goes on so that we all aren’t brining the same thing. Speaking of, I have a ton of plates, utensils, paper towels, and all that jazz courtesy of an mtbnj member who attended our last FunDay so no-one bring any of that stuff!

I am just updating the thread. So far, this is what we have covered:

mare: plates, utensils, cups, trash bags, and vegetarian chili
mattybfat & patty: salad or side dish
skiphreaknj: snack or chips and dip
gtluke: soda by the trunkload
kimrey: dessert
pooriggy: chocolate chip cookies
eileen: chips and salsa
martin: cookies and brownies
njmonmouthbiker123: brownies
case: grill, utensils, and case of water
team breeze: veggies and hummus
capers: bike polo
brian snyder: sausage
robson: beer or Thai
al415: fireworks and wolverine
wobbegong: something delicious!
chrisG + mrs: condiments, chips, beer
allamuchy joe + dawn: burgers and buns
mtnrider: grill + wings
robson: ipa
ed + pat: zucchini bread
bill + lisa: soda

maybe category
elzoller: guacamole
ebineezer: sweets
allygadget and nick: pasta salad
jshort: la chouffe
tonyride: chips/pretzels
ez-e: tbd

Last edited:

Robin

Lance and I will be there...:D

As for a dish...we'll bring a snack/dip and chips.

~ Robin

kimrey

In, hopefully with the wife - we'll bring some sort of dessert most likely involving bananas.

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Glad to hear this is on, thanks for organizing this Mare. I'll bring the same stuff I brought last year, home made chocolate chip cookies and my mtbnj bottle opener so walter can over serve himself.

walter

Fourth Party
Glad to hear this is on, thanks for organizing this Mare. I'll bring the same stuff I brought last year, home made chocolate chip cookies and my mtbnj bottle opener so walter can over serve himself.

Lol, preggo wife = designated drive:D
I gotta check with the wife but I'm pretty sure me and the family will be there. This time the baby will be on the outside of the belly.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I'll be there! With family if good weather. Solo if bad weather.

I'll bring my stomach. :)

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
As long as Jake gets the permit. Not sure to many people would show up if he didn't.:hmmm:

don't worry, jake has got the permit for the beers...and even paid the bill.

i'll be there too. i mean, it is our picnic, right?
like norm, family if the weather is nice, no family if it's shatty.

btw, year one was the best weather. and how can anyone ever forget that i am the undisputed drunken single-speed hill climbing master! w00t!

walter

Fourth Party
btw, year one was the best weather. and how can anyone ever forget that i am the undisputed drunken single-speed hill climbing master! w00t!

yeah yeah, I knew it would only be a matter of time before that came up:rolleyes::D

Yes, year 1 was the best.

Top Bottom