2 bears in WMA yesterday

njkayaker

2nd one was as close as 20 yards. looked to the side and there he was standing several feet off the ground on an handing downed tree, climbed out of the tree and followed me up the trail for a while. This was on Colombo Return. pretty cool

axcxnj

Hipster Keys
ive been seeing a ton of bear up there lately. a few days ago i saw 5 on one ride. there is a mother bear around that has 3 cubs...so just be wary. ive seen her twice

Chris26er

Team MTBNJ.com-Halter's
Team MTBNJ Halter's
ive been seeing a ton of bear up there lately. a few days ago i saw 5 on one ride. there is a mother bear around that has 3 cubs...so just be wary. ive seen her twice
I saw her the other day with 4 cubs! I think one is a little older. Funny the little noises they make. The mother couldn't run away faster as the little ones dart up trees

SpartaBard

Sparta, NJ - the town where you blame the Bears for doing dumb shit instead of the teenager next door.
image.jpg
image.jpg

njkayaker

3 Bears Friday coming off the yellow past the pond on the double track heading back towards the parking lot. not paying attention and BAM 2 cubs with Mom right there. under 25'. cubs scatter. Mom runs several feet away and then stops to stare me down. seems like I see bears WMA\Mahlon every ride now.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions