1980 stainless steel bike

qclabrat

giving up one my last childhood bike
Kabuki Submariner with the 3 main tubes from Bridgestone stainless

Bike was my cousin's and he gave it to my brother and I in the mid 80s. He used to ride it everyday to my mom's factory on Elizabeth St in Chinatown. At the time it had a great tangerine paint job, but was poorly repainted by my brother. It's now in white trim, and not the greatest looker.

It sat idle for years at my parents place and when they moved, it came back to me. Recently decided to make it fixed for weekend rides in the city when I go in to visit my parents. Unfortunately, I've picked up a hobby of raising koi in the garage this winter, so project bikes are out for this year.

wheels are flip flop 700c with 32mm tires, no seat or petals and you add brake cables, top tube 22"

WP_20161212_21_09_23_Pro.jpg

WP_20161212_21_10_26_Pro.jpg

WP_20161212_21_13_40_Pro.jpg

WP_20161212_21_09_59_Pro.jpg

qclabrat

I need this like another nipple but that thing would look so good just bare steel.
Stainless is an absolutely a gorgeous choice of tubing, but like the DeLorean, just too heavy and stiff. I hear they are figuring this out now, but yet to test ride a modern SS bike. Actually the lugs are cast aluminum so a strip jog to naked would work just fine.
DSCF4690.jpg

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
can u go pick it up for me?!
I suppose I can... considering I'm off all next week. I guess it depends on @qclabrat schedule. If I happen to do a ride with Walt, I will certainly make the effort. In the case that I do.... can I steal the quill stem off the bike? Lol

qclabrat

I suppose I can... considering I'm off all next week. I guess it depends on @qclabrat schedule. If I happen to do a ride with Walt, I will certainly make the effort. In the case that I do.... can I steal the quill stem off the bike? Lol
next week we can meet at Orlando, but an early New Years eve ride at HM is possible

Top Bottom