150-160mm trail fork recommendation please

150-160mm trail fork recommendation please (because I don't keep up with this stuff)

• 36 Factory Kashima

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • 36 Float Performance Elite

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Pike RCT3 Solo Air

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Lyrik RCT3 Solo Air

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
Will be buying a new complete 150-160mm trail bike soon and figured the main difference for comparison's sake will be the fork that comes with it. Just looking for some advice and recommendations (because I don't keep up with this stuff). The 4 forks in the poll are equipped on the similarly spec.ed and priced bikes I'm considering.

I just went through this exercise for a bike, what type of riding will you be doing and what is the bike its going on each.
Performance is the lower end of the Fox line
Lyrik to the beefer version of a Pike
you sure it's a Trail bike you're after?, the forks here with the exception of a Pike seem spec'd for an All Mountain rig

I have the Pike RCT3 Solo on my Evil but it is only 130mm. It has a bit of a creak from the crown which I read is typical. But otherwise I am happy with it. I do not have experience with the others.

I have 2 Pike RCT3 for 26 inch and 650b wheels - they are creak free. The best forks that I ever had.

I just went through this exercise for a bike, what type of riding will you be doing and what is the bike its going on each.
Performance is the lower end of the Fox line
Lyrik to the beefer version of a Pike
you sure it's a Trail bike you're after?, the forks here with the exception of a Pike seem spec'd for an All Mountain rig
I'll be riding the technical singletrack of NJ, both up and down and occasionally racing Enduro. I want to be able to hit anything in Sourlands, Ringwood, High Mountain, Allamuchy, Jungle, etc. I currently do this just fine on my 120mm Trance with no dropper post but finally looking to get a little more squish and a dropper to expand the fun factor and to incorporate those last few trail features i currently skip on my rides. I don't plan to take this to the bike park, i have a DH bike for that. Trail and All Mountain are synonymous to me, just a matter of if you want 130-140mm or 150-160mm. I've been demoing and the longer travel bikes pedal so well these days, why not have the extra squish?

Components can be changed get the bike that fits you best , also everything in that list is very adjustable so in theory they can all be set up to do what you want

Go Kashima or go home!

Pikes have been proven and they feel much plusher than Fox if that matters. Also much easier to work on and travel adjust at home.

I've had a 130 pike rct3 for a few weeks and it's much better than the float 32 I have on another bike, but not apples to apples. For my long travel bike I went with a X-Fusion Sweep, it's not the Roughcut, but plan on changing the internals to HLR after a few rides. Wanted the Lyrik, but a bit over my overall budget

SRAM wants your business.
FOX hates everyone.

Both forks ride well.

Get a shock wiz and find out how bad you have it setup.

Last edited:
which bike are you running with the sweep?
Commencal AM V4 27.5 150 rear 160 front 20170413_175613.jpg

Found the 36 has better mid travel support especially in turns for me vs the pike. I also come to appreciate high and low speed compression controls.

I think the lyric is now marketed as rockshocks "enduro" aggressive riding fork. the pike is falling back down to the general purpose trail fork like it was originally for back in the day.

Back
Top Bottom