100K On A Fat Bike

pibbles

Missed a good ride today. Weather was great, trails were in good shape. 56.5K. The good news is the trails will be new to you. The better news is you didn't see any thing that would change your mind about riding on the 24th.
I would like to say that I had a fabulous time doing some yardwork and working in the garden but alas...I didn't. Gonna get some miles in so the 100k doesn't turn into a sufferfest for me...gotta stock up on advil...

sandman

This looks like an absolute blast. Do I have time to train for the next ride?. .. When is it?...
The first Saturday after the start of summer. The 2018 route has not been made yet. I think you have plenty of time to train. As you know, sand can slow things down. It's not the miles, it's the time on the saddle.

I hear you. Most of my riding is in the pines so I know the deal I have actually ridden the BTB and just south of there in them Pygmy Pines all around Spring Hill and Bear Swamp Hill. Recently I was injured for a while. All is good now though I put in a quick 8 miler this morning at local trail by me in Lacey. It has its fair share of sand and steep climbs. Damn how quick we get out of shape at 50. Still a great ride though. I will stick to this trail for a while and some other easy local ones until I get my wind and legs back. Then I will definitely start hitting some more challenging spots like Spring Hill to train on sand and the Wharton loop for distance.

Top Bottom