Originally Posted by Andy View Post
or you could try "peak bagging"
http://www.adk46r.org/about/
haha, yet another thing to add to the "list"
don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 09:02 AM   #12
axcxnj
Hipster Keys

i think im going to ebay a used split...to buy new is just so cost prohibitive..but ive seen full setups on ebay for around 4-600 bucks...thats much easier to do than 1000+
axcxnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 12:02 PM   #13
don
Semi-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by axcxnj View Post
i think im going to ebay a used split...to buy new is just so cost prohibitive..but ive seen full setups on ebay for around 4-600 bucks...thats much easier to do than 1000+
Yeah, they are expensive. I think there are kits to do it to an old board but you run the risk of flubbing it up.

But, if you are in a location where you don't have to spend money on lift tix it can pay for itself pretty quick.
Old 03-03-2012, 11:39 AM   #14
cbiker
Sport

Lots of people also BC snowboard by snowshoeing up, you can also almost always get up to Tuckermans on Mt washington without snoeshoes or skins because its so well traveled.

I found winter as well unfortunately it look like spring is back up there and its raining. Finally got to ski on some real snow.

https://picasaweb.google.com/craigmarc45/NHBCSkiing
cbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 12:18 PM   #15
don
Semi-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbiker View Post
Lots of people also BC snowboard by snowshoeing up, you can also almost always get up to Tuckermans on Mt washington without snoeshoes or skins because its so well traveled.

I found winter as well unfortunately it look like spring is back up there and its raining. Finally got to ski on some real snow.

https://picasaweb.google.com/craigmarc45/NHBCSkiing
I was worried that Stowe was getting rain but they said they got a little snow instead. Mt. Washington is higher alt so maybe it got white stuff instead.

Need to get to Tucks again. Maybe in a couple years when my oldest is solid enough to get down. That place is rad and is a must for any good skier/rider in the northeast to experience.

Beautiful pic of Hillmans!
Old 03-03-2012, 06:21 PM   #16
Bleeder
Sport

Awesome, thanks for sharing.
Bleeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 12:15 PM   #17
axcxnj
Hipster Keys

i got up to tuckermans for the first time ever this year for an avy course..it is AWESOME up there. the dacks are fun because i think you get more of a "backcountry" feel because some of the approaches are so remote. i was back up there this past weekend for the bc ski fest and brought my girlfriend up the whiteface toll road. it was her first time in the "backcountry" so i wanted to keep it mild for her..but the upper slides were in great condition and we had fresh powder the whole time. now that adventure racing season is starting up that will probably be my last grasp of winter..but it was a good note to end on!
axcxnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 01:38 PM   #18
don
Semi-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by axcxnj View Post
i got up to tuckermans for the first time ever this year for an avy course..it is AWESOME up there. the dacks are fun because i think you get more of a "backcountry" feel because some of the approaches are so remote. i was back up there this past weekend for the bc ski fest and brought my girlfriend up the whiteface toll road. it was her first time in the "backcountry" so i wanted to keep it mild for her..but the upper slides were in great condition and we had fresh powder the whole time. now that adventure racing season is starting up that will probably be my last grasp of winter..but it was a good note to end on!
Nice! Glad you got some fresh. One very cool thing about the 'dacks is that they are growing while the Green Mtns range is mellowing out. I still love and go to the Green's as it's what I've grown up with.

Trying to head to Stowe for one more this weekend but the mild temps mid week might firm everything up a bit.