Chimney Rock Conditions

Kirt

JORBA: Chimney Rock, Team MTBNJ.COM
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Progress on the ball field trail mud holes. Still a bit more work to go but we are determined
ABD33E85-2D99-4382-8856-5E9EEDAE7787.jpeg

Kangdoy

Go for it. Wasn’t great yesterday but things seem to be drying quickly. I’m sure there will be a bunch of wet spots but many of those won’t improve much until they get fixed. And at least you care, unlike many who ride regardless. Let us know what you experience.

Thank you @Kirt for all that you've done already here! I'll try to hit all the trails tomorrow and report back.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Tree down on lower red just past the last rock plate east of Newman's.

Some mud puddles, otherwise good.
Those culvert type water crossings are all deeper from the rain. Lowest spots are getting tricky. Don't bury the front wheel!

Last edited:

Dingo

Was there yesterday. Conditions the best I've seen in 8 months.

Most likely last nites rain , fuked it up.

stilluf

Rode here Sunday 7/7 in the afternoon. Despite overnight rain, conditions were still great on red, and mostly OK on blue (ie "muddy in the usual spots"). However, with today's additional rain, would give it 24 hours to dry out. Should be good tomorrow.

Kirt

JORBA: Chimney Rock, Team MTBNJ.COM
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Hiked orange today to get an idea of any damage from the storms. In just the loop we did, there were 3 trees down that will need a chainsaw. I was able to move 1 by hand and cut another. A lot of debris from the winds as well, much of which my daughter & I cleared off. There's the potential for other areas to be worse. It will probably take some time to get the park completely cleaned up.

With that said, please come out tomorrow night (Wednesday 7/24) & lend a hand, every little bit helps. 6pm at Newmans.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions