Monmouth county bike fit

Looking for recommendations for a closer shop to get a fitting. I know not all fittings are created equal. I live in south freehold and don't mind driving alittle for a good quality fitting. I have a bunch of prior injuries that might complicate things.

BCurry

Looking for recommendations for a closer shop to get a fitting. I know not all fittings are created equal. I live in south freehold and don't mind driving alittle for a good quality fitting. I have a bunch of prior injuries that might complicate things.
Cycles 54 in wall. $100 or so and well worth it

pygmypony

this is incredibly timely, as i just came on here to give a huge shout out to @jdog and his bike fit prowess.

i went to Halters this past thursday for a fitting of a Trek Madone road bike i bought used from a friend of mine.

i thought the bike had fit me ok, but was getting occasional hand numbness, and knee pain

Jay spent over two hours with me on getting the fit right, starting from the bottom (feet, cleats, pedals, shoes) and simply working his way up to the seat height, seat angle, handlebars, stem etc.... we changed the position of just about EVERYTHING!

went for a ~70 mile road ride yesterday (and ironically saw Jay in his truck on our route!) and experienced NO PAIN, MORE POWER, and generally just better comfort and efficiency overall.

i cannot recommend a bike fitting with Jay enough!

i drove the approx 45mins from edison to do it, and would have driven even further!

do it!

if you don't believe me, here's an old article about his skillz...

https://www.tetongravity.com/story/ski/8-steps-to-pro-bike-fit-do-you-need-them

RobW

I second the cycles 54. Christian is thorough and you get free adjustments for life of the bike(or you) for 100 bucks. Best money spent! Ask @choop he will tell ya

ekuhn

this is incredibly timely, as i just came on here to give a huge shout out to @jdog and his bike fit prowess.

i went to Halters this past thursday for a fitting of a Trek Madone road bike i bought used from a friend of mine.

i thought the bike had fit me ok, but was getting occasional hand numbness, and knee pain

Jay spent over two hours with me on getting the fit right, starting from the bottom (feet, cleats, pedals, shoes) and simply working his way up to the seat height, seat angle, handlebars, stem etc.... we changed the position of just about EVERYTHING!

went for a ~70 mile road ride yesterday (and ironically saw Jay in his truck on our route!) and experienced NO PAIN, MORE POWER, and generally just better comfort and efficiency overall.

i drove the approx 45mins from edison to do it, and would have driven even further!

do it!

Cant agree more. Doubled my longest ride a few years back when I was just starting out on the road (20mi to 40mi) the day following my bike fit with Jay. Was like a whole new world. Well worth the drive.

choop

I second the cycles 54. Christian is thorough and you get free adjustments for life of the bike(or you) for 100 bucks. Best money spent! Ask @choop he will tell ya

Testify!!

Christian at Cycles 54 is as good as they get. I have had him fit me to just about every bike I have. He's very thorough and has explained how some of my flexibility issues in my hips were affecting my pedal stroke and fit.

KenS

JORBA: Director
JORBA.ORG

do it!

This. J is pro.

Thanks guys. I've had fittings with Jay and they were great. Just moved south and seeing what's in the area. I'll give 54 a shout

Top Bottom