What have you done to your bike today?

pkovo

Broke down this bike

85B7141D-4D8A-4C98-929D-58014F05BF26.jpeg

So I can buld up this bike with the parts

AB30F767-921A-4562-AC03-AC3AC8904ED9.jpeg

However, I’m really having second thoughts about tearing the Instigator down and may reverse that action and just pop for some new bits on the ghost.

pkovo

Got the Ghost basically built up. Seatpost/seat are temporary until I figure out what length dropper I can get away with and grips are temporary as well. Need to set sag but otherwise its done.

Its my first full suspension bike, so I’m pretty excited to try it out.

20282D24-7DB2-4840-BD15-BFB63523D96D.jpeg

Tim

aka sptimmy43
tool apart and lubed all the pivot points on my full suspension bike, now i have to decide if it needs bearings or not :/ only riding it will see if it took care of the noise.

I did the same to mine last week. I ended up with a silent bike but the bearings are still a little rough even after being re-packed with fresh grease. I'm gonna have to tear it all apart again soon to replace them.

Wolfjon

Picked up the wheel set for my wife’s big honzo build.. still have to get the frame from Boston.. still need to get my hands on a 12 speed shifter derailleur and chain.. possibility a crankset if my older raceface deuce doesn’t cut it..
DE0DC1D0-240D-482D-B7A5-48DD0D68C394.jpeg

Last edited:

extremedave

Team MTBNJ Halter's
New bottom bracket time! I got the new design Shimano BB MT800, because $19 bucks. It requires a new tool but a plastic adapter to the old design is included. The adapter is kinda cheesy so be careful with it. More a one time use deal but I used it a lot more....(foreshadow alert)

Even though the old bb had a spacer on the drive side I left it out the first time, which was wrong. But that’s how we learn or something. You have to hammer the adapter into the old bb tool, then tap it onto the bb each time cause now it’s kinda tight. This is so much fun when you have to take it apart again.

Btw I knew I needed to spacer cause the little slidey tab you need to flip up to remove the crank arm wouldn’t sit down in the slot without the spacer as it was too far from its hole.
I’m saying all this so I can be dumb for you and save you the hassle.

The good news is holy crap was the old bb trashed. My cranks spin endlessly now and I’m sure I’ll be setting uphill KOM’s errywhere. That last may not be true.
Minor bonus is the new design has black end caps which look kinda nice on my black frame.

Fin.

IMG_9157.JPG

Hey look post #4,000. That's kinda fun.

Last edited:
Top Bottom