Allamuchy Preview Ride

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
We will be hosting rides this week of the Allamuchy Race Course. Whether you race or don't race, it's a fun technical loop, join us if you can. The loop is about 45ish minutes.

Wednesday 4/24 5pm Cat 2/3 pace

Thursday 4/25 5pm Cat 1 pace
We'll do one lap at no drop pace but the 2nd lap will be fast.

Parking
750 Waterloo Rd, Stanhope, NJ 07874
https://goo.gl/maps/9CFUjvbcaumKp2VZ6
Make your first right after you pull into camp and follow the signs for camp Wheeler. Please do not exceed 20mph, it is a Boy Scout camp with a lot of folks and campers around.

Post up if you have any questions.

Last edited by a moderator:

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
For Thursday, try to be ready to roll as close to 5 as possible. We'll have a steady quick pace on the first lap. No drops though.

Second lap is going to hurt. But the course will be cleared and easy to follow so feel free to hang on as long as you want.

Mathers

Probably cat 2/3, Maybe both. Definitely getting up there. This race is gonna be great! Try your best to make it, you won't be disappointed!
I will be there Wednesday. I only may be able to do one lap though, I have class at 8pm

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Is the pre-ride a set start time or hey come and ride the course after 5 ?
The pre-ride is a set start time, the reason being that the course has no arrows or tape, it's not marked. If you get there late and know where the trail head is you could follow the dirt(the course is leaf free after blowing it off) but you probably don't know where the trail head is and besides it's more fun to join in a pre ride as a group. Tell your boss you're leaving early that day, make arrangements to have someone walk the dog, come join in the ride together, it will be fun;)

@MissJR @Santapez are leading Wednesday.
@jShort @UtahJoe are leading Thursday.

Mathers

The pre-ride is a set start time, the reason being that the course has no arrows or tape, it's not marked. If you get there late and know where the trail head is you could follow the dirt(the course is leaf free after blowing it off) but you probably don't know where the trail head is and besides it's more fun to join in a pre ride as a group. Tell your boss you're leaving early that day, make arrangements to have someone walk the dog, come join in the ride together, it will be fun;)

@MissJR @Santapez are leading Wednesday.
@jShort @UtahJoe are leading Thursday.

Can you give me a note

xc62701

I’m going to try to get there tomorrow. I’ll probabky be getting there late. Is the loop mostly the same as last year? Direction?

Top Bottom