Deer Park Conditions

slushdog

Does any one know if Deer Park still has snow on the ground? Looking to ride tomorrow (on Sunday). Thanks in advance. ?

TPI_Elky

I haven’t been inside the park, but I live pretty close to there. There’s almost no snow around anywhere near us.

Reggie

Formerly ReggieHammond
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Does any one know if Deer Park still has snow on the ground? Looking to ride tomorrow (on Sunday). Thanks in advance. ?

No snow, but there will be sections of ice scattered throughout the park. It's still worth heading out there.

RSAmerica

Anyone ride Deer Park today and know the conditions? I rode Stephens today and it was awesome conditions.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I am concerned about the west section of white (fire road). It gets muddy there.
Yup it can be an area that sometimes never drys up.
It should have been rerouted 20 years ago but I digress.
Trails there recovery pretty well even with little TM because very little TM happens here.

RSAmerica

Rode DP yesterday, was in good shape except: The east side of white had a lot of trees down. And the west section of white (fire road) was muddy.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Yeah I was in DP yesterday also. Really needs a good spring clean up. Trails are good shape until pending rain.

TPI_Elky

Conditions were good on Sunday. All of Blue and Red near the lake were primo and white on the way back was good except for the one water crossing (which wasn't even that bad)

TPI_Elky

Conditions were great today. Still wet on the drainage on white nearer the lots and down near the stream on the backside. Overall great. Didn't see a single other rider in the lot or on the trails today.

Robin

A few really large trees down that need more than a hand saw.

One down just out of the parking lot.

A huge one on the lake trail just past an older cut.

IMG_20190802_104732.jpg

Another on Blue.

Mosquito and ticks were thirsty too.

TPI_Elky

Rode a little today from the lot by the lake. Still two big trees blocking the trail near the lot. That part was pretty soft too. Some standing water in the rocks but not too bad. Not sure how it will be after the rain.

qclabrat

Rode a little today from the lot by the lake. Still two big trees blocking the trail near the lot. That part was pretty soft too. Some standing water in the rocks but not too bad. Not sure how it will be after the rain.
Which trail was soft

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
So the residents that live on the deer park road (access road to main lot) are in a battle with the state to do repairs. Apparently they did repairs and requested some funding for repair and got it's not our problem answer. So they are now taking it into their own hands. Yesterday it was a cheesy sign.
20191223_091637.jpg

This evening I drove by and noticed they left a car blocking the road at the beginning.

On one hand I can understand because park does nothing to address, but on the other this is a state park road or in better terms an easement that the land owners off of it do not have a leg to stand on. Will be interesting to see what happens.

You can still park and ride from 7-11 lot school lot and waterloo road but for now looks like main lot will not be accessible.

R grate

So the owners gave a easement to the park service of the other way around ? Didn’t think it was legal to do that , Due to a possible emergency of something . Nice seeing you and Patrick yesterday buddy

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
So the owners gave a easement to the park service of the other way around ? Didn’t think it was legal to do that , Due to a possible emergency of something . Nice seeing you and Patrick yesterday buddy
It's the state park road, owners live off it half way through. State has had a pile of fill sitting in parking lot now for about 2-3 years without touching it. Meanwhile there are 2 huge craters right before the lot. I have had intention of filling myself if life wasnt so busy.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions

Trail Conditions not available
Top Bottom