God I love Craigslist.......

extremedave

Team MTBNJ Halter's

iman29

It’s a daily thing. I just click prohibited and move on. Bike is in some container or storage unit in Kentucky or something and they will ship it to you once your check clears. Annoying as heck.
Good idea I will do the same for other ones I see. So obvious especially when you click reply and there’s only a phone number to call which I would never do. ??

zip

Good idea I will do the same for other ones I see. So obvious especially when you click reply and there’s only a phone number to call which I would never do. ??
Just curious but if there is only a phone number why would that be bad. Just asking for general knowledge because when I try to sell something on Craigs list I say phone calls only so I do not get all those scam offers to buy my item. Is there a disadvantage to the way I am doing it versus electronic reply? Thanks.

knobbyhead

Next off the Island.
Just curious but if there is only a phone number why would that be bad. Just asking for general knowledge because when I try to sell something on Craigs list I say phone calls only so I do not get all those scam offers to buy my item. Is there a disadvantage to the way I am doing it versus electronic reply? Thanks.
Phone #'s are hard to track when burner phones/fake phone #'s are so easy to come by. But it's a scam.

iman29

I’m not quick to give up my cell number for something until I at least get a few anonymous CL emails going to determine if it’s legit. Any ads that have “call only “ or only show a number by the phone icon I don’t bother with.
That could be just me but as said above burner or throw away phones are not traceable.

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod

When ever I sell a car I get those scam calls I tell them to mail the check and send the tow truck. I tell them I didn't get the check after they schedule a tow so they next day air it. I've gotten someone to next day air 5 checks before they gave up in a tornado of cuss words. Poor soul got a few checks they had no idea what was going on

Top Bottom