Chimney Rock Conditions

Off The Road Again

I posted this on NJ Mountain Biking FB page: "hiked Chimney Rock earlier this afternoon/evening to check conditions. Headed up Blue to the little connector to mid-Blue down to lot. Long stretches of muddy trails, especially connector, all with tire tracks. Then went on Red along reservoir to mid-Red, lots of wet muddy stretches, with tire tracks. To get around the areas I walked a good 10' off the trail to a) not leave footprints in mud and b) not help to create a go-a-round. On my way back down Red, I came across a couple who commented on the trail conditions. Our conversation allowed me to let them know the strides mtb community is trying to do to educate, advocate, smart trail usage, it was an engaging conversation and they both really enjoy being in the woods. I did stress (a little) that if not for mtb-ers, trails are not maintained. And told them the strides JORBA is doing to educate, mentioned flyer, etc. Her parting comment was "Thank you for monitoring the trails". My take away- I was able to reach out to an older couple who hike, not ride, these trails, and they got it."
So, in a nutshell, trails at CR are still a mess.

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Maybe we should have Delayed Opening signs for the kids at CR and we can text their parents the night before so they know that trails are closed.

Kirt

JORBA: Chimney Rock, Team MTBNJ.COM
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
3/20/19-I was told that it is still not good. And with tomorrow’s rain it will need more time. Maybe next week or the week after ?

qclabrat

I'll probably hike on Friday and nick some trails
Watching the puddles drain into oblivion is somewhat therapeutic to me
1553113049509.png

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions