6 Mile Run Conditions

Mountain Bike Mike

I would have been mad after driving down from North Jersey to see those signs. .;)
This reminded me of....

B6FA22F3-37FB-49DB-87AF-EAE1CF11420C.jpeg

I come in peace... I do not want any trouble

Frank

Sasquatch
so please think of the bigger picture and lead by example. respect the park's closure. respect the people who donate their time and money to build and repair these trails. just wait until the conditions are acceptable before venturing out in any park.
FTFY

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Maybe this full closure thing wasn’t fully thought through?

Don’t worry, it will be a full on bitch sesh Monday when the trails get reamed tomorrow
and Sunday.

@Dajerseyrat, you must be totally oblivious to the talk around Allaire right now.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.

Don’t worry, it will be a full on bitch sesh Monday when the trails get reamed tomorrow
and Sunday.

@Dajerseyrat, you must be totally oblivious to the talk around Allaire right now.

Yeah, I was under the impression Allaire is beat right now but there seems to be a ton of people saying it's perfect. Would suck to drive an hour for no reason.

Dajerseyrat

and Sunday.

1) full closure or no closure, cause people cant be trusted to police themselves.
2) whats going on at allaire???

GHM73

Late responding on this one. I kinda knew my earlier post would encite a minor sh*tstorm, but glad it got the point across and the community at large gets it ( thanks for putting it all so eloquently @MissJR ) No hard feelings @Jrzjoe. Believe me, the thought crossed my mind to ride when it was frozen and wouldn't do any damage. But rules are rules. Closed is closed. Time to hit the tow path!

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
I’ve been working with the park the last week on signage and we are close on the approved format.

Anyone in the group here have a sign maker connection?

J

Off The Road Again

i don't want to keep harping on the guy... he gets it...

what i want to say (and which i didn't earlier) was that, yes... there are days when everything's all frozen over and no damage will be done. and under normal circumstances, i'd be right out there with you guys... happy to be out of the house. BUT the trails are currently closed... and as others have mentioned, we as mountain bikers are on thin ice with the parks. they don't care if the conditions were fine for this one day. they just see bikers riding passed clearly marked Closed Trail signs. they will take note. and so will anti-mountain bikers in the area. so when you're in a meeting trying to get access at some place like Watchung, these anti-bikers will bring up this type of stuff to use against us. they don't care about the one day conditions that were primo... they just care about the fact bikers totally f-d up the trails in the first place and disregarded the rules. we will lose access.

so please think of the bigger picture and lead by example. respect the park's closure. respect the people who donate their time and money to build and repair these trails. just wait until the trails are officially open before heading back to six mile.

end rant.
I like your commentary MissJR, and agree with you. The other thing that is important to bring up in a town meeting (such as Watchung) is that the mtb community is the only trail users who maintain the trails, reroute, build new trails, advocate preservation of trails, and educating other trail users. Volunteered a lot of time on TM (which is posted on other sites, not just mtb) and 95% or more that show up are mtb-ers.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions