High Mountain Conditions

liong71er

The Ancients was very good today. imo Just some trees across trail by water tower, just CX over the stuff as part of the workout. Nice work on the rock bridge at bottom near white.
You mean this one
CFEB3689-5D77-4AE8-9CB3-F4BF757FCE48.jpeg

Mtbdog

Liong where is that one, I was referring to a combo log and rock bridge on Ancients near the White at the very bottom.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
My strava feed says it was both great and terrible today.
You know this better than I do but when it's bad, HM is two faced and depends on which trail. Any thing around college lot will be messed up but by Ancients and other highlands, it will be rideable.

bucknejo

Hi guys - if there is no rain for the remainder of this week, would HMP be ridable on Saturday/Sunday (3/30/19, 3/31/19)?

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Hi guys - if there is no rain for the remainder of this week, would HMP be ridable on Saturday/Sunday (3/30/19, 3/31/19)?
I rode HM with @Mtbdog last Saturday and it was rideable
Ancients had couple of soft spots but mostly, the conditions were good.
Just stay off the colored trails and you should be good.

Delish

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Can anybody point to a good Ancients loop that will avoid the soft spots? Hoping to finally explore HMP this Friday. Thx!

Mtbdog

The Ancients is one loop. Park at the JVC lot 1700 Valley road Wayne and the orange will lead you to the middle of the Ancients loop. What time are you thinking, if you have the patients for my slow butt I may be able to show you around.

BillyGoatBiker

I rode this AM, circle switch->hawk to top of high mountain and back down, with some of the marked double track in between. the double track was okay, some muddy and wet spots which are getting pretty rutted out, most of the double track is frozen though early in the morning. once it thaws and temps work their way up out of freeze/thaw cycle it will prob be a mess for a bit. the single track was in much better shape, almost no mud and well drained and not frozen. Looks OK to ride in terms of not causing trail damage to the single track IMO (but that could change if we get more rain/as temps warm up).

liong71er

That’s probably local he riding a old moto and he’s around 60 something yrs old gentleman,I met him twice and saw how’s his riding style

He’s harmless he’s aware about not messing the trails,he did create some of the trails too h’s been riding there longer than the rest of us!!

Mtbdog

That’s probably local he riding a old moto and he’s around 60 something yrs old gentleman,I met him twice and saw how’s his riding style

He’s harmless he’s aware about not messing the trails,he did create some of the trails too h’s been riding there longer than the rest of us!!
My first m/c ride was at High Mt. My brother had a Penton 175 Jackpiner, bike was made for the mt. Year was 1973 I was 13 and soon after got my first bike a Yamaha Dt 125, I would bet I've ridden with him, back in the day. Back then there was no College road,no rec center just woods and mx tracks and enduro trails.

liong71er

My first m/c ride was at High Mt. My brother had a Penton 175 Jackpiner, bike was made for the mt. Year was 1973 I was 13 and soon after got my first bike a Yamaha Dt 125, I would bet I've ridden with him, back in the day. Back then there was no College road,no rec center just woods and mx tracks and enduro trails.
It could be him,,he tall and looks still fit for a guy at his age,kinda like you fit and ageless?
Hope you meet him someday he rode there in weekday and around noon time the last time I meet him a year ago.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions