Chimney Rock Conditions

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Not sure. Did mooch yesterday and it was frozen but it was Am. If it stays overcast your chances are better I’d think.

Since you are offering predictions, how do you think it will be on the 3rd week of March? Also, are the Spurs going to make the playoffs?

thegock

I would guess that conditions this afternoon would be pretty good. Rode the same ridge, 15 miles east yesterday and the ground is so hard from 8 days of 20 degree temps at night, that it takes a while to soften up. Very little mud and mostly great.

Kirt

JORBA: Chimney Rock, Team MTBNJ.COM
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
A crew of us got out this morning to fix the muddy area on the trail next to the Gilbride lot. While laying 3/4in stone is not my favorite way to fix, it was the best option. We did a bunch of clean up on that loop and also on Orange. While is won't be very noticeable this time of year, it will help come spring/summer.

Big Thanks to John C (@surf1net ) & John K for lending a hand. Also to High Tech for the extra labor & stone delivery. And Ranger Dave for helping make this happen.

Oh and this is what Jorba does, join, renew or donate today. jorba.org

pic 2.jpg
pic 4.jpg
pic 5.jpg
Pic 1.jpg

Last edited:

thegock

Thanks! Rode that Tuesday and it was still a little muddy. The guy I was with only had ever ridden Red, White, Blue and Orange and he liked Middlebrook East plus the top of Yellow. We saw Ranger Evan in the Hawk Watch lot.

Last edited:

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Will it be ok to ride after the storm?

Do you honestly expect an accurate answer? The storm forecast changed 19 times this week. And you think someone will be able to tell you the future conditions of the trails....after said storm.
Sometimes I wonder...

stilluf

Went here instead of Hartshorne. Red trail good and frozen. Get out here before the storm!!
I also rode blue and white with same frozen goodness.
However, the damage to the trails (especially on blue) from ruts and widening made me a bit embarrassed for our sport. Clearly way to many riders have been here over the past months when trails were in bad condition (i.e. every weekend!!) I know this is mostly people not on this site, but still, really disappointing, especially considering all of the work that the trail crews put in every year and the pro-MTB attitude of Somerset County.

With the rain coming and warning temps, these trails won't be ridable again for weeks.

Tim

aka sptimmy43
I also rode blue and white with same frozen goodness.
However, the damage to the trails (especially on blue) from ruts and widening made me a bit embarrassed for our sport. Clearly way to many riders have been here over the past months when trails were in bad condition (i.e. every weekend!!) I know this is mostly people not on this site, but still, really disappointing, especially considering all of the work that the trail crews put in every year and the pro-MTB attitude of Somerset County.

With the rain coming and warning temps, these trails won't be ridable again for weeks.

I don't ride CR very often at all but I did a full tour of the place this morning. I was pretty surprised how gutted blue was. It's going to be a total shit show for a while when it thaws.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions