Jungle Habitat Conditions

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I've only been there once many moons ago and itching to get back......do you have a preferred route? Do most go counter clockwise?
Warthog clockwise is more fun I find, and the rock gardens are then slightly downhill. The rest of the loop I like more counter clockwise. I usually start with Warthog clockwise, then just cross the lot to Otter. I haven't been to jungle in months. I'll gladly go get my ass kicked again is schedules align.

Wolfjon

we rode it clockwise and found it to be fun with a little challenges. I do think counterclockwise might be more difficult

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
Warthog clockwise is more fun I find, and the rock gardens are then slightly downhill. The rest of the loop I like more counter clockwise. I usually start with Warthog clockwise, then just cross the lot to Otter. I haven't been to jungle in months. I'll gladly go get my ass kicked again is schedules align.
i do the same "figure 8" route as well. Most fun.

oobaa47

So up animal chute......across the lot to warthog CW......then across the lot again towards otter and the rest of the trails?

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
So up animal chute......across the lot to warthog CW......then across the lot again towards otter and the rest of the trails?
Yes sir. That's my warm up, then i go up Otter -> Rhino CCW -> Tanks, Cages, Tiger -> Baboon -> (Climb the safari road back to start of Baboon or don't and skip Fish if not up for it) -> Fish -> Junkyard Dog -> Dumptruck CCW (if i'm feeling strong, skip it if not) -> Boulderdash -> Climb lower Animal Chute to the car. Hits almost everything there, all the good trails anyway IMHO.

Mr.Moto

How’s jungle drain after all this rain?

Got a lot of rain last night. Jungle drains well but usually takes a day. Sunday should be okay if no more rain. Will still be some slick spots especially with the leaves coming down. Lower areas will likely be wet and muddy.

Wolfjon

We ended up riding later Saturday afternoon and my son brought his friend along. Warthog was pretty good with some really wet spots on the backside no mud though since everything is pretty much rock up there. Then we tried Otter and Rhino after that for the 1st time those were completely fine. but WOW sooo much more technical than Warthog.. We walked a few sections especially my sons friend but still had a blast considering the weather, conditions and skill sets. On Rhino we somehow got turned around on and ended up going back down Otter instead of continuing down tanks and cages.. Also ran into @Zaskar and his riding buddy's.
Picture from up top of Rhino.
IMG_1388.JPG

V-Dub

Definitely not good, I would expect it to take a while for it to dry down. I would say it's probably same conditions at all the parks up here

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions