When do they start to buy the dip?

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
The writing is on the wall. Optionsellers.com screwed every client out of every dollar with OTM naked calls/puts on nat gas. $80 million gone in a day. So many retirees and ones who plan on retiring soon are gonna be fucked. This may be the biggest bubble of them all. Does anyone know a way to purchase SDR? Imagine if the US dollar became a local currency? The entire country would be effed. I haven’t seen an ounce of buyers come in in a month.

rick81721

Lothar
So many retirees and ones who plan on retiring soon are gonna be fucked.

41zbM%2By3ocL._SL500_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Eh what goes down always goes back up.

w_b

Yes buy the dip. But buy smart and DYODD first tho. If you want to retire soon you probably shouldn't have more than 50% of your nest egg in equities anyway. And like zero in options. If you want to retire soon and are buying into OTM naked calls/puts on nat gas, you are just a fool.

Or, don't buy any dips just buy more ammo and a secure place out of the way to store it. Preferably near a spring of potable water.

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
Yes buy the dip. But buy smart and DYODD first tho. If you want to retire soon you probably shouldn't have more than 50% of your nest egg in equities anyway. And like zero in options. If you want to retire soon and are buying into OTM naked calls/puts on nat gas, you are just a fool.

Or, don't buy any dips just buy more ammo and a secure place out of the way to store it. Preferably near a spring of potable water.
Look what happened to optionsellers.com . Jist for the record the Japan market went down and really hasn’t gone back up.

rick81721

Lothar
Look what happened to optionsellers.com . Jist for the record the Japan market went down and really hasn’t gone back up.

"Investing" in options is gambling. And who is invested in the Japanese market? Do you really think the world financial markets are going to collapse and never recover? Seriously??

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
Yes. So if you think financial doomsday is here, why are you bothering with any of this? Any investment would be worthless. US dollar would be worth nothing. You should be investing in guns, ammo, land and a bunker in Montana.
I don’t necessarily think doomsday is here or anywhere close. I do not believe the too big to fail, the US can’t fail etc. Why am I here? I do better when I short equities. To me so many charts look completely upside down from normal. I think the middle class is being scammed. How many people trying to invest and use some sort of safety get completely screwed. Stops don’t even work because the trade computers have that all figured out. HF trading? WTF is that? Just let the big guys take everyone’s money. I bet GE is gonna come back one day...not. I believe the system that is in place is way to risky to have the entire middle class’ retirement savings in. It’s a matter of time until someone figures out how to bankrupt it.
Do you remember the french banker in 08 that “gambled” away $7 billion of investor’s money all by himself? There was not one safety in place to prevent that.

rick81721

Lothar
I don’t necessarily think doomsday is here or anywhere close. I do not believe the too big to fail, the US can’t fail etc. Why am I here? I do better when I short equities. To me so many charts look completely upside down from normal. I think the middle class is being scammed. How many people trying to invest and use some sort of safety get completely screwed. Stops don’t even work because the trade computers have that all figured out. HF trading? WTF is that? Just let the big guys take everyone’s money. I bet GE is gonna come back one day...not. I believe the system that is in place is way to risky to have the entire middle class’ retirement savings in. It’s a matter of time until someone figures out how to bankrupt it.
Do you remember the french banker in 08 that “gambled” away $7 billion of investor’s money all by himself? There was not one safety in place to prevent that.

I believe in the basics - stay diversified, invest for the long-term, invest with reputable firms and you'll be fine.

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I believe in the basics - stay diversified, invest for the long-term, invest with reputable firms and you'll be fine.

Like a Turkey on the farm? :)

Personal belief, I'm not a market timer but I'm sitting out for a short while as much as I can. I'm not selling and taking capital gains, but I'm holding off on stock funds for a bit outside of the retirement account. Keeping "cash" in short-term bonds. So while I haven't sold everything, I'm not really buying.

We're coming up or at the end of a business cycle. A really really long one. The free money is gone, we no longer have TARP, low interest rates, etc and will have to pay for all that pumping. I can't tell you if that's a 20% reduction in asset values or 80%.

If there's a bubble like Tech in the late 90s, Real Estate in the late 2000s, I don't see it standing out. Not that it's not there, but I'm more inclined to say it's a bit of everything is in a bubble and we can see fair amount of downward movement in all sectors.

It all really doesn't matter to me, I'm young, don't have that much money invested and if asset prices fell 50% next week, it'd be a good thing for me...

rick81721

Lothar
Like a Turkey on the farm? :)

Personal belief, I'm not a market timer but I'm sitting out for a short while as much as I can. I'm not selling and taking capital gains, but I'm holding off on stock funds for a bit outside of the retirement account. Keeping "cash" in short-term bonds. So while I haven't sold everything, I'm not really buying.

We're coming up or at the end of a business cycle. A really really long one. The free money is gone, we no longer have TARP, low interest rates, etc and will have to pay for all that pumping. I can't tell you if that's a 20% reduction in asset values or 80%.

If there's a bubble like Tech in the late 90s, Real Estate in the late 2000s, I don't see it standing out. Not that it's not there, but I'm more inclined to say it's a bit of everything is in a bubble and we can see fair amount of downward movement in all sectors.

It all really doesn't matter to me, I'm young, don't have that much money invested and if asset prices fell 50% next week, it'd be a good thing for me...

There are corrections all the time. I don't see people seriously predicting another major crash like 2008 but even if that happens, so what? It will recover in a few years. Fine by me - I'm still in for the relatively long-haul.

Fire Lord Jim

Taking a big picture view, Wall street got bailed out with low interest rates from the Fed, as well as TARP etc from Congress. The Fed now needs to raise interest rates to a point where it can again lower rates should monetary stimulus be needed. It needs to refill the expended bagpipe if you will. Ideally, Congress should have been tapering fiscal stimulus (spending) alongside the Fed's monetary tighening (raising rates), creating a public to private shift. Ideally.

I view this in total as the taxpayers getting hit to bail out Wall St in 2008, and now ten year later the equity holders are getting hit to reimburse the Fed, so to speak. Yes, the people riding nice mountain bikes are both taxpayers and equity holders, and pay twice.

The price of a stock does not reflect its value, but instead our collective hopes and fears as to its value. If we buy good stocks, the price today or yesterday are just noise. Data are the purchase price, the dividend, and the eventual sales price. ( I like to show investors the S&P 500 chart: first over 5 days, then one month, then one year, and finally over 20 years. The choppy ups and downs disappear over the long term. )

Now, as to when to buy on the dip? If we buy good stocks, we can buy any time. I already have some good stocks. I have some good stocks that are down from my purchase price. Some of those I have in IRAs. Should this rout continue, I will do Roth Conversions: essentially re-buying on the dip at a discounted tax cost. After all, they are good stocks.

Top Bottom