Wharton Conditions

Davesnhere

Monday(28th)..Rode in from Atsion, did the Orange Trail Loop, before heading back...alot of the Orange is getting overgrown(except the fire burned areas). It's rideable, but I definitely recommend bug spray(and lots of it)! Going to try and do a little trimming every Sunday when, and where I can....

Lou P74

Planning to ride the 17mile orange loop. any recommendations? Are current conditions rideable? safe for solo ride? clockwise, counterclockwise route? any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

theranch

Planning to ride the 17mile orange loop. any recommendations? Are current conditions rideable? safe for solo ride? clockwise, counterclockwise route? any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
I preferred counter clockwise, you have better flow towards the end going in that direction. You also get to ride through the annoying tight twisty section early on so you get that out of the way.

JDurk

Orange loop is closer to 19miles. I know a few who rode there yesterday. Safe for solo rides. I prefer CCW as well.

slingblade_uhhuh

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
And i know you really wanted to take the axes out and clear those trees!
Naw. Axes can stay sheathed for now. The inner loops are clear as far as I know. And our recent work on the PBT has been generating many *thanks!*. I just wanna ride. Maybe fell those tall pines near the barn. And eat a very large meat lovers pizza.

Fire Lord Jim

In honor of the start of firearms season, today's jersey.
IMG_20181203_104820.jpg

gingertooth

Anyone interested in doing a night ride this week? I'm going to be in the area for a few days for work and have never ridden here and thought I'd see if someone would be interested in giving me a tour of the orange loop? I'll be riding my gravel bike as well..

R Treb

Batsto was pretty darn good today. Jorba , saw the heavy work you guys did near Washington TP. Thanks a million.

slingblade_uhhuh

JORBA.ORG
Ground is saturated. Second hand report is that the creeks are overflowing and the trail has many softs spots.

slingblade_uhhuh

JORBA.ORG
A lot of the forest is flooded. The ground is saturated and soft from recent rains and freeze/thaws. Streams are overflowing.

Wharton staff released a weekend advisory for the sand roads.

image.jpeg

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions