Chimney Rock Conditions

Johnny Utah

Which trails did you ride, saw two cars in the lot this morning and it looks greasy out there.

The majority around the reservoir beyond Hi-Tech. I parked in the main lot, went west, then crossed back to the reservoir, then over to the park side. Crossed to the right of the bridge and headed back to the main lot.

It was very greasy, had I known I would have stayed south.

jklett

I was there this evening and there were a few puddles here and there but not too wet overall, just really slippery for some reason.

Kirt

JORBA: Chimney Rock, Team MTBNJ.COM
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Conditions are good enough. Some lingering wet and muddy areas so expect to get dirty but certainly rideable. The leaves are coming down so that will probably be a bigger issue than the mud. And some branches from the recent winds so watch those derailluers.

Robin

I haven't been here since the summer so I don't know how new the sign is ...

IMG_20181023_153036.jpg

FitmanNJ

No two ways about it today -- Chimney Rock was wet! There were large stretches on Red, Blue, and White of water-soaked, leaf covered trails. The leaves are protecting the trails a bit (along with the rocks), so I can't say that trail damage is significant under these conditions for the most part. But your bike is going to get a good coating of yech! If it rains again Tuesday, it could be quite a while before things to improve...:(

thegock

No two ways about it... If it rains again Tuesday, it could be quite a while before things to improve...:(

BINGO

Rode the extension of these trails that are located 15 miles east last night. It was soaked, deep mud style and we probably added 0.75" of rain since then. Two weeks, with the Thursday/Friday forecast.

Almost enough to take up road biking or buy a trainer. Almost.

stilluf

BINGO

Rode the extension of these trails that are located 15 miles east last night. It was soaked, deep mud style and we probably added 0.75" of rain since then. Two weeks, with the Thursday/Friday forecast.

Almost enough to take up road biking or buy a trainer. Almost.
"The extension "? :D:D

FitmanNJ

I thought the recent snowfall might still be lingering despite the relatively warm temps...and I was wrong. I can only speak for Blue trail, but scuba gear is now optional...

thegock

If you stay on the upper (ridge) trails north and south of the valley on the extension 15 miles east, it's not too bad, but the valley is bottom bracket swamp, per last night's report. Even HELLO KITTY has 2 small puddles, which it never has.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions