clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
X marks the spot(s).

DFB0188F-61AD-4DBE-8A84-5C7D984DE2AA.jpeg

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
Thanks @rick81721 and @clarkenstein for the help. The devil's half acre one i texted Ranger Dave about the other day but didn't get a response so please email your contact. I didn't know about the other X on the C trail since i don't ride that trail really. The one Rick mentioned i think i saw, it's on the short steep climb up to Marker 6, right? If so, that climb needs a switchback reroute anyway and one is kinda starting to form around the tree so i'm going to suggest going that route.

clarkenstein

JORBA.ORG
In the meantime I can try to get up there again this week and take out one of the big ones - I’ll shoot for the C trail one since it’s only one log. That’s if I can get my butt outta bed early again. And that’s a big if.

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
In the meantime I can try to get up there again this week and take out one of the big ones - I’ll shoot for the C trail one since it’s only one log. That’s if I can get my butt outta bed early again. And that’s a big if.
Thanks! And if you do that one, the hand-sawable one on Montezuma isn't too far and only like 6" diameter and an easy cut.

clarkenstein

JORBA.ORG
Thanks! And if you do that one, the hand-sawable one on Montezuma isn't too far and only like 6" diameter and an easy cut.

Didn’t realize there was one out there too - I missed that! Yeah I can get that one.

clarkenstein

JORBA.ORG
I’ll get the Montezumas tree tomorrow AM. I think I spooked a trail runner the other morning. Saw a headlamp coming my way while I was sawing. They never passed me. I guess seeing another light at an ungodly hour and hearing a saw in the middle of the pitch-black woods could be a touch spooky.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
I’ll get the Montezumas tree tomorrow AM. I think I spooked a trail runner the other morning. Saw a headlamp coming my way while I was sawing. They never passed me. I guess seeing another light at an ungodly hour and hearing a saw in the middle of the pitch-black woods could be a touch spooky.
#cuttinginthedarkcult

blackburn1973

My son has a pretty solid obsession with the Free Masons; I have heard a lot about the All Seeing Eye... I’ll let him know that trail maintenance falls under this too.

Side note, but if you haven't you should take him to the FM's worldwide headquarters in NYC. They do tours and some of the stuff in the building is just amazing from an architecture and art level. I wasn't aware of it but looked at space in the building for my company's new offices.

clarkenstein

JORBA.ORG
Side note, but if you haven't you should take him to the FM's worldwide headquarters in NYC. They do tours and some of the stuff in the building is just amazing from an architecture and art level. I wasn't aware of it but looked at space in the building for my company's new offices.

Thank you!

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions