Mercer County Park Conditions

Big Al

How was it yesterday? Was going to try for tomorrow... thoughts?
I haven't been to Mercer since Sunday but it hasn't rained since Saturday morning so it's probably dried out nicely. Might be a few wet spots here and there. Otherwise, I imagine it's hero dirt right now.

TAS

Van Nest.....Figured I'd get this mess BEFORE it falls completely down...
I needed some stress relief before watching the Eagles

TAS

Attachments

• DSCN1879.JPG
    DSCN1879.JPG
    198.2 KB · Views: 144
  • DSCN1880.JPG
    DSCN1880.JPG
    179.3 KB · Views: 130

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Road the south side and conditions we ok for the route I took. The trail from the dam is a no go, but the other stuff I rode was decent aside from a few wet areas. Forecast between now and Saturday is freeze thaw, it was somewhere in the mid 30’s when I rode and was just alittle bit of slide in the less sandy areas.

Dam trail
D8B779E5-D1F9-4588-99E8-8BBA25D3AE56.jpeg

And it freaking stinks over by here too.

TAS

Rode yesterday and decided I would come back today and get this mess cleaned up in Van Nest.
Pics are before & after.
Trails are in freeze thaw state but still rideable with care. The ground has dried up a bit.
The "usual soft spots" are in fact soft! :eek: but not soupy.
Water level along the creek is down and flooding was mostly gone.
There is a tree partially blocking Red trail near the tennis center but easy enough to get past.

More heavy rain on the way Friday into Sat so it's gonna get sloppy all over again for the weekend....:(

TAS

Attachments

• DSCN1893.JPG
    DSCN1893.JPG
    191.3 KB · Views: 115
  • DSCN1894.JPG
    DSCN1894.JPG
    177.7 KB · Views: 119
Last edited:

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Any locals have thoughts on conditions tomorrow? Temps should be below freezing until about 2pm. May hit it around 11am or so.

Big Al

Any locals have thoughts on conditions tomorrow? Temps should be below freezing until about 2pm. May hit it around 11am or so.
It will be fine as long as it's below freezing. Be aware they are doing some deer management in the park. MCP North is "closed" Monday to Saturday until 2/9.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions