New here... saying' hello

Tim

aka sptimmy43
Rich,

I think you did such a good job naming your thread that all the new guys think it's the welcome thread. Lol.

CrankAddictRich

road season is coming to a close (well, at least racing anyway) so I'm thinking about the MTB again and I figured I needed to stop into MTBNJ and see what's up with my favorite MTB cats.

I had a busy season on the road... raced and won the NJBA Open Men's TT cup. I won the Cape May TT with the fastest time of day and was on the podium on in a few more. I also won the 35+ ITT State Championship. The first season on a true TT bike was definitely successful and the bike is FAST! My fastest average speed was a 29 mph for the 10 mile Rt. 29 Summer TT. I came in 2nd with a time of 20:39. I did a full write-up on my TT Cup season here.

TT-HEADER2.jpg

RHKingwood002.jpg

This photo still blows my mind... standing on the podium with these two guys is crazy. They are both wicked fast.

kingwoodpodium.jpg

In early August, I picked up this 2017 S-Works Tarmac SL5 from Hb in Cranford... Craig in the Madison store swapped all of my components from my Venge over and I'm loving it...

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

My Fuse is ready to go for the fall/winter season and I'm expecting some I9 BackCountry 450 wheels any day now to complete the bike. I can't wait for that Torch hub.

CrankAddictRich

Took my son to Rutgers Eco Preserve yesterday for his first legit MTB ride. It was the perfect set for him to get a taste of off-road. He did great going over the roots and rocks and we explored part of the new trail they opened last week. I snapped a pic of him going down this little root drop.

He's on a 20" Specialized Riprock mid-fat.

original.jpg

CrankAddictRich

Where is the new trail at Eco?

It goes off from the junction of the Orange/Green trail towards Rt. 18. We followed it of a while, but got to a point where the over growth was just a little too tight for the little guy. I'm guessing not many people have ridden the full length yet, so the grasses have grown back in pretty quickly with the rains of the last few weeks. The dotted line is just a guess. As we were heading out, on our way back to the car, we ran into an RU student volunteer that was fixing a bridge. He was telling me the trail was only officially opened last week and the dotted line is the shape and general direction that he described.

original.jpg

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
Took my son to Rutgers Eco Preserve yesterday for his first legit MTB ride. It was the perfect set for him to get a taste of off-road. He did great going over the roots and rocks and we explored part of the new trail they opened last week. I snapped a pic of him going down this little root drop.

He's on a 20" Specialized Riprock mid-fat.

original.jpg
Love seeing this!!! :)

brendini

It goes off from the junction of the Orange/Green trail towards Rt. 18. We followed it of a while, but got to a point where the over growth was just a little too tight for the little guy. I'm guessing not many people have ridden the full length yet, so the grasses have grown back in pretty quickly with the rains of the last few weeks. The dotted line is just a guess. As we were heading out, on our way back to the car, we ran into an RU student volunteer that was fixing a bridge. He was telling me the trail was only officially opened last week and the dotted line is the shape and general direction that he described.

original.jpg

Been riding with my wife there, since she is very new to the sport and still getting her legs under her. We were out there yesterday right before sundown. We rode that new “trail” Labor Day weeekend and it’s very rough, just a path mowed through in many spots, was a bit frustrating for her to get through. Lots of over growth

CrankAddictRich

@CrankAddictRich, which brake housing are those? I'm looking for a similar type in black and white

I'm assuming you mean the link housing on my road bikes? It is Jagwire Elite Link housing. It comes in a variety of colors, but I don't think white is one of them. I think they have black, red, blue, silver and gold. You could do silver and black.... the kits are 1 color though, so it you wanted to alternate colored links you'd need to buy 2 kits and that might get expensive.

Tim

aka sptimmy43
Nice! I've been eyeing up some new wheels for my whip with the i9 hubs. Sadly it will probably have to wait until winter for me....

CrankAddictRich

Tim... I'm super impressed with the wheels as a whole. I went for the full Industry 9 deal, buying a complete wheel set. This means I get their hoops, straight pull spokes and the hubs designed to work with those spokes... some people don't love the fact that the spokes are proprietary, but I like the fact that they designed the system to all work together. This video really sold me on them.

Top Bottom