Forked river mountain

Went in from Wells Mill Park. About 14 miles round trip. All the sand is good exercise!

Yep. Sand and SNOW!!!

frm1.jpg
frm4.jpg
frm9.jpg
frm8.jpg
frm3.jpg

Sounds like fun. Unfortunately I work Saturdays. I am hoping for the 1-2 inches they are calling for. That will be a blast.
A1, I have been following you on this thread and i saw your review on singletracks. I went out this morning and rode some semi-mountain bike friendly trails due west from the main viewpoint heading towards the other peaks. I got over the next peak heading west at 174 ft but i ran into alot of rutted out muddy sections from the moto guys and one was so long and black with no way around so i decided to call it and head back. Hoping to get out again to find some better stuff. Do you think i was on the right trail? If possible do you think we could meet out there one day and maybe show me around?
K. Newhall

Ringo

coming from barnegat, I would love for somebody to show me around as well to find these trails at forked river mountain. I hit wells mills park sometimes but looking to explore the area as well. thanks guys

sandman

coming from barnegat, I would love for somebody to show me around as well to find these trails at forked river mountain. I hit wells mills park sometimes but looking to explore the area as well. thanks guys
Come to Greenwood instead. I can show you a lot of trails. More then you will find at FRMP. I can take you in FRMP if that's what you want. We can park at the big lot at Greenwood on 539. That way we can ride either side.

JonF

I've been in most of these areas years back riding enduro and its hard to find a good stretch without sugar sand. But the suggestion of being further south/east towards bass/greenwood is a good one. i recall less sand, less traffic (churning up sand) and more dirt (but also mud) down there. It got me thinking, i bet some of the old pits would be fun to play around in. They're not much for DH but for playing on obstacles it could be fun.

This pit is easy to get to, has some fun climbs and the sand is more hardpacked for easy pedaling around.

Ringo

Thanks. Sure i’d like to to check out greenwood as well As its closer to me. Relatively flat i guess? Ride at allaire/hartshorne most of of the time.. when you plan to ride again?

Top Bottom