Brown Water Explores Club..Kayaks & Shipwrecks

scotth

The South River. Not sure about that ship, but....it pretty big. I think there’s another one in front of it, I feel like I see another mast out there. I timed the tide wrong so the water was pretty low, looks like if it’s at or close to slack tide you’d be able to paddle along the side of it. It’s not blue ocean water but there’s a lot of padding you can do there.

icebiker

JORBA: Morris Trails
JORBA.ORG
Very cool! There used to be an old paddle steamer wreck visible from the Driscoll bridge over the Raritan River. Somewhere near Marsh Point. Not sure if it’s settled further or covered with reeds.

scotth

Thanks, I love this stuff. High on my list is to paddle to the graveyard of ships, I’ve been past it in a boat only.

mwlikesbikes

Very cool! There used to be an old paddle steamer wreck visible from the Driscoll bridge over the Raritan River. Somewhere near Marsh Point. Not sure if it’s settled further or covered with reeds.
If you’re talking about the one you could see from the turnpike just north of exit 9 that was dismantled & scrapped about 10 years ago.

Top Bottom