Halter's Cycles

Robin

I've had all my bikes fitted by @jdog . I was just there last week for my new CX bike. And I agree...he know his sh*t! Spent time going over how and where I should be on the bike. Makes a huge difference and I know my bikes are set up to get the most out of them.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad

soulchild

All this talk makes me want to get a fit for the road bike I don't yet have.

I don't think anyone should ride a road bike without a fit. Mountain or CX you can get away with, but if you put in any serious time on the road bike, you should really get fit.

I was recently refit on my EVO elsewhere (I'm usually fit at Halter's but this was a matter of timing), and was happy with the setup. That being said, I noticed the way Jay and Don were discussing options while doing one for another customer and I asked Jay to take a look at my feet and shoes as I've always had wobbly feet but it's never been an issue per se. Got checked out and 5 pedal strokes in and my issue was diagnosed. I scheduled an appointment and got it squared away. My legs are very happy.

If you're on the fence about a fit, do it.

Last edited:

rick81721

Lothar
Gotta give another shout out to Halters - took my 2012 spearfish in for a wheel truing and brakes rubbing in the rear - they got the entire brake system (all hardware) replaced UNDER WARRANTY! Wow! Had SRAM avid 5 brakes and now have DB5s, which have similar design/internals to the new guide brakes.

I wish Chrysler would've done the same for the brake rotors, pads and fluid flush I just had done on my 2012 Durango.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
Gotta give another shout out to Halters - took my 2012 spearfish in for a wheel truing and brakes rubbing in the rear - they got the entire brake system (all hardware) replaced UNDER WARRANTY! Wow! Had SRAM avid 5 brakes and now have DB5s, which have similar design/internals to the new guide brakes.

I wish Chrysler would've done the same for the brake rotors, pads and fluid flush I just had done on my 2012 Durango.

Glad to help buddy.

The elixir brakes are a shameful design. Glad to get you on the new stuff. Let me know the difference.

rottin'

Staff member
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Hey I was listening to MTB Radio podcast today(actual episode was from 1/7--The Path Podcast "Get your answers here") and one of the hosts mentioned Jay and Halter's

Brian

Rusty

OK, yet again, you guys nailed it. My wife snuck in there and picked up two things for my birthday that I didn't know I wanted/needed and that I absolutely adore. A pair of Gore pants that may help decrease my minimum riding temp this winter and a pair of cool Gore bib shorts that seem perfect for the summer. You took good care of her, and me, and yes - you are right, I am picky, lol.

Best damn customer experience of any business in NJ, as always, well done and thank you!

jdog

Shop Keep
OK, yet again, you guys nailed it. My wife snuck in there and picked up two things for my birthday that I didn't know I wanted/needed and that I absolutely adore. A pair of Gore pants that may help decrease my minimum riding temp this winter and a pair of cool Gore bib shorts that seem perfect for the summer. You took good care of her, and me, and yes - you are right, I am picky, lol.

Best damn customer experience of any business in NJ, as always, well done and thank you!
Glad to help.

Happy b day.

Those gore baggy bibs are amazing. I have a ton of clothing and these have become my go -to.

Jerzeejoe

Gotta give another shout out to jay and the boys... I had sn issue with my Avid brakes and they were fixed for FREE, under warranty... Cmon everyone loves Free.. Thanks fellas!!!

TNR25

I'm new to this site and new to mountain bikes altogether but I just spent some time in Halter's the other day and have to say not only is it an impressive shop but the staff was a pleasure to meet. Jason helped me while looking for a bike and he was thorough and helpful getting me on a bike I was happy with. He knew the right questions to ask and had plenty of very nice bikes to try out. I haven't even brought home my first bike and I'm already excited to go back and shop here again. If your looking for a great place to go for options and help this is it.

Dajerseyrat

Jay is a good and knowledgeable guy. I would recommend Halter's any day of the week. I'm in the process of testing different bikes and regardless what I wind up with and who I buy it from I would recommend them. He even answered tons of questions for me via messenger off hours !!

kbajaj

This is my first post in this forum but I felt like with my recent awesome experience, I should give a shout out to Halter’s!

Jason is amazing. He helped me get an Orbea recently and went above and beyond in helping me tackle a unique situation which no rider wants to get in.
Thank you J and really really appreciate your expertise, guidance and resourcefulness!

jdog

Shop Keep
This is my first post in this forum but I felt like with my recent awesome experience, I should give a shout out to Halter’s!

Jason is amazing. He helped me get an Orbea recently and went above and beyond in helping me tackle a unique situation which no rider wants to get in.
Thank you J and really really appreciate your expertise, guidance and resourcefulness!
Thanks so much.

You have to post a photo of the bike sandwich!!

I'll add while I have some attention that we are hiring experienced bike techs!

J

kbajaj

Got rear ended.
One pedal and crank were stuck in the other person’s car. The other crank out a nice dent and a hole in my lifgate.
When the other car pulled back my car was towed from the bike for a few feet before disengaging.
Fortunately, I am doing better than the bike and that bike rack (and likely the other car’s radiator)

Top Bottom