Nassau Trail conditions

Rusty

You are good, based on conditions today. Was about 4 small puddles, the rest was firm and tacky. There are bees however, in the lower lot ( all ankle high ) and dude I was with got stung on the trail.

pkovo

FYI... The sight distances through the springside switchbacks heading up from Nassau Road are very low. With traffic going both ways through there, it's a good idea to announce yourself as you pass through.

Trails in nice shape!

Piston Honda

Never seen the parking lot so full before. This is supposed to be my goto to avoid 6MR traffic on the weekends lol

Anyway there's a downed 4" tree at head level around one of the corners on La Primera. So heads up.

pkovo

Never seen the parking lot so full before. This is supposed to be my goto to avoid 6MR traffic on the weekends lol

Anyway there's a downed 4" tree at head level around one of the corners on La Primera. So heads up.

Thx. There’s a bigger one downed on rocky trail also, but it doesnt come up as fast as the one on La Primera.

I rode earlier and there was only one person in the lot, but he asked me if I was going to be riding with a bigger group, so maybe there is some type of group ride going on or something.

Conditions are nice!

qclabrat

Thx. There’s a bigger one downed on rocky trail also, but it doesnt come up as fast as the one on La Primera.

I rode earlier and there was only one person in the lot, but he asked me if I was going to be riding with a bigger group, so maybe there is some type of group ride going on or something.

Conditions are nice!
That could have been me, or @yanmar
Were you driving an Audi or Rubicon?

qclabrat

Saw a few guys looping around, do you have the red bike? We were a pack of four. Conditions were tacky and A+

Piston Honda

Saw a few guys looping around, do you have the red bike? We were a pack of four. Conditions were tacky and A+
I was on the black Spesh with gumwall tires and wearing full face helmet.

The only group I remember seeing was like 4-5 Eastern Europeans and an Asian dude.

qclabrat

I was on the black Spesh with gumwall tires and wearing full face helmet.

The only group I remember seeing was like 4-5 Eastern Europeans and an Asian dude.
Asian dude was me and no the group was not Eastern European, haha. Though there was another group in HTs which may have fit the bill. I do remember seeing you at the top of a punchy switch back climb. Nice to finally meet, sort of

Piston Honda

My bad. I didn't realize there was more than one caravan. I helped one of them earlier and they were speaking non-English.

Anyway, was it your group letting out shrieks of glee? It's how I knew somebody was coming up on the trail lol.

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I just cut out the tree on La Primera, so feel free to roll that section with reckless abandon now haha

I was just going to say that a kind gentleman cleared the tree. That was me in the O+B jersey heading down when you were walking back with the saw.
Thanks !

pkovo

I was just going to say that a kind gentleman cleared the tree. That was me in the O+B jersey heading down when you were walking back with the saw.
Thanks !

No problem. Where that one was it definitely could have ruined someones day if they were distracted.

02camaro

good to go, surprised though how much moisture is still in the ground, a few greasy corners but nothing crazy bike is still clean. did the full loop

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions