lettuce discus garage flooring options

Xler8

id imagine thats a bad idea if you actually do work on your car in the garage, one dropped wrench and youll have cracked porcelain tiles . . .

That’s what I thought originally but it seems to be a good option with installation being a key factor to how well it performs. Just seeing if anyone here could confirm.

For anyone looking to go the expoxy route, make sure to check your moisture content before going through the effort. If you have too much moisture coming up through the floor, it’s only a matter of time before the epoxy starts peeling off. There are simple tests you can do to check if your moisture content is too high.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
but then im going to have this giant X in my garage and right in the middle... ugh
X MARKS THE SPOT.
I would not fill and go over expansion
Joints they are there for a purpose.
Did you know that 1 1/4" expansion joints were common in world trade center verticle and horizontally. I would leave a plumb Bob hanging for lunch and come back and it would be swinging 6 ft across. True story...

GSTim

Formerly M3Tim
X MARKS THE SPOT.
I would not fill and go over expansion
Joints they are there for a purpose.
Did you know that 1 1/4" expansion joints were common in world trade center verticle and horizontally. I would leave a plumb Bob hanging for lunch and come back and it would be swinging 6 ft across. True story...
Can't you fill the gap with paintable industrial caulk?

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Can't you fill the gap with paintable industrial caulk?
Yes but if your going over top with a tile chances are they will crack. Especially with a new home that still has many years to settle yet.

Top Bottom