Pad protection

Jeff.P

Went to Halters they only had one pads. Spoke with Jim he said the best selection is during springtime. Thanks for the help Robin.

Jeff.P

1 brand of knee pads
20180712_180820_HDR.jpg

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Sorry you got hurt.
@fidodie just wanted to show you his sexy legs.

thank you. Both of you :p

would have been more provocative if the shorts didn't sneak in there...
That was my second of three crashes and about 5 emergency dabs.

anyway, shin guards are a good idea with the flats while you get accustom. they like to come around fast and bite.

never put your hand out splayed, always a fist, unless you can grab a tree.
absorb and roll - don't try to save the bike.
it is self-teaching, since it punished bad habits!
(i'm overstating a bit, you'll be fine, just make it a nice progression of difficulty)

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
@Jeff.P , Don’t over think it. You know how to ride...now you’re riding somewhere else. You’ll do great.

1) Look where you want to go and not at what you are afraid of hitting... because the bike will go where you look.

2) Brake before or after an obstacle, turn, etc. not during.

3) it’s a hell of a lot more work to get up to speed than stay at speed, so only use the brakes when you actually need/want them...

4) Don’t go UP serpentine or @Mitch will run you over... (you can ignore this one...it’s a long running inside joke)

5) crash early and often. That means you’re actually learning by pushing yourself. That’s why you’re getting pads, right?

Have fun!

Wolfjon

@Jeff.P , Don’t over think it. You know how to ride...now you’re riding somewhere else. You’ll do great.

1) Look where you want to go and not at what you are afraid of hitting... because the bike will go where you look.

2) Brake before or after an obstacle, turn, etc. not during.

3) it’s a hell of a lot more work to get up to speed than stay at speed, so only use the brakes when you actually need/want them...

4) Don’t go UP serpentine or @Mitch will run you over... (you can ignore this one...it’s a long running inside joke)

5) crash early and often. That means you’re actually learning by pushing yourself. That’s why you’re getting pads, right?

Have fun!

Also to piggy back on Juggernauts advice when you do fall and you WILL.. do not get intimidated by it. learn from it. I just got back into riding and have been all excited to be riding with my son. Needless to say I had a stupid crash and bruised my ribs so just getting back on the bike this week after 3 weeks off.. during that time i know what I did wrong and will hopefully learn from it.

Top Bottom