Book of Paul H

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Want to buy a WTB saddle but not sure what size...
What is the default saddle size on a L bike from the manufacturer? Is it 142? I like the saddle on my SC HT which is a WTB Volt Race and would like it to be the same size. Are there any marking somewhere on the saddle that I can check?

rick81721

Lothar
Want to buy a WTB saddle but not sure what size...
What is the default saddle size on a L bike from the manufacturer? Is it 142? I like the saddle on my SC HT which is a WTB Volt Race and would like it to be the same size. Are there any marking somewhere on the saddle that I can check?

All my saddles are Selle SMP - they come in S, M, L and probably other sizes. Assume it's marked somewhere underneath

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Vastus Lateralis Muscle
The vastus lateralis muscle is the largest of the four muscles that make up the quadriceps femoris group. Like the other muscles in the quadriceps group, is an extensor of the leg at the knee. Its name means “huge lateral” due to its enormous size and location on the lateral side of the thigh.

Vastus Medialis Muscle
The vastus medialis muscle is one of the quadriceps femoris muscle’s four muscle divisions. It occupies the sides and front of the thigh and its function is being the primary extensor of the knee.

Cramping is rearing its ugly head again.

Not without cause... around this time of last year, I prolly had up about 600-700 miles on the saddle. This year, I've managed 187miles so far. As far as cramping is concerned, this year, its the inner quads... or Vastus Medialis. Last year, I was commuting on the bike so didn't have too much issues with cramping. The year before, I had cramping issues at the calves and at the outer quads or Vastus Lateralis. The outer quads was the killer for me. I did something rather dumb on the 6MR ride considering my current state of fitness. I should have just sat on the saddle, drop down couple of gears and spin. But I was having a lot of fun and my lungs actually improved a bit from the bit of running I have been doing. I got off the saddle and powered it down on the punchy climbs and it felt good doing it. Plus, the Talon wasn't shifting all that great. I think the clutch is too tight. By the time we got to Rt 27 lot, I felt Mr. C knocking on the door and he was looking for Mr. Medialis. We had a little break, couple of us fill up our hydration packs and ready to go. But dumb Mr. Medialis opened the door and let Mr. C in. The next short climb, Mr. C knocked out Mr. M and he was down for the count. Had to do a little road riding and soft pedal back to the Canal lot.

Pickle juice? Nah... I think I have to get back to pre-ride stretching and carrying around some Gatorade.

That spot that cramped yesterday... its freakin sore this morning

Last edited:

qclabrat

you said it in the first line, conditioning, there's no magic bullet
You mentioned supplementing with jogging but that's different body parts. It was hot on Saturday, you rode fast in the preride then as the day progressed, between the distance and temps, you started to fade, classic conditioning issue. Keep up your regular riding, including the CX bike and you'll be cramping less. It's only going to get warmer, get your body acclimated to the temps and humidity.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
you said it in the first line, conditioning, there's no magic bullet
You mentioned supplementing with jogging but that's different body parts. It was hot on Saturday, you rode fast in the preride then as the day progressed, between the distance and temps, you started to fade, classic conditioning issue. Keep up your regular riding, including the CX bike and you'll be cramping less. It's only going to get warmer, get your body acclimated to the temps and humidity.
Easing into road riding. Did a short 18mile ride on the CX bike on Saturday and I tried to keep the power level up but my average speed was still 1mph slower than last year. Last year, I was regularly doing 30mile rides so it will be a while before I get back to my former self.

After the 6mr ride, I am starting to have a different opinion on jogging. I think its really helping with the cardio.

qclabrat

Easing into road riding. Did a short 18mile ride on the CX bike on Saturday and I tried to keep the power level up but my average speed was still 1mph slower than last year. Last year, I was regularly doing 30mile rides so it will be a while before I get back to my former self.

After the 6mr ride, I am starting to have a different opinion on jogging. I think its really helping with the cardio.
no, keep jogging, best for us OOS guys to hit target heart rate and easy way to build it up. I've been trying to run one day and another for a tabata style workout each week. Really need to double it up to twice each per week. Then add in two helpings of yoga and maybe I'll be ready next year...

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Every time I ride my CX bike I feel like I am riding someone else's bike. I wonder why...

20180623_081121.jpg

Had the bike for a few month now but just noticed this today lol

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
lol
American bastardization of the Korean name if you will.
If I was friends with Moon Jae In.... I would just call him Jae. :)

1 word more convenient in the Western world.

"Spell your name."

M-O-O-N <space> J-A-E

Top Bottom