Chimney Rock Conditions

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Never been to CR and don't know much about it and yet its closest to where I live compared to 6mr, LewMo, and Hartshorne (the 3 I most frequent). Do you suggest this Strava ride for a first timer to get a good taste of everything at CR?

Think i'd do it in two separate sections as a first timer.
park in the newmans lane lot - go across the street and do blue, come back and do white and red. make sure to hit it all.
Blue has a nice warm-up climb to it. Red has some climbing and a little tech - some hidden. White has very short climbs - some steep depending on direction.
The trails get very tight with the growth, so bring a bell.

Next section is the one that starts at the 5 mile point - behind the ball field for a warm up - then down to the gilbride lot
to the new section - https://www.strava.com/activities/1456434550 -it is actually a loop from where i turned around, but
it was too muddy to even hike at the time.

cross gilbride to yellow - do the trail along the stream up to hawk watch, miller lane lot, trails towards vossler
switchback climbs, then back to the gilbride lot via the 4way intersection. Then orange. come down the guardrail on the second loop
ride white (or the path along the water) back to gilbride or the ball field lot.

Show up at fun monday!!
Or let me know when you want to go!

johnnyrides

Think i'd do it in two separate sections as a first timer.
park in the newmans lane lot - go across the street and do blue, come back and do white and red. make sure to hit it all.
Blue has a nice warm-up climb to it. Red has some climbing and a little tech - some hidden. White has very short climbs - some steep depending on direction.
The trails get very tight with the growth, so bring a bell.

Next section is the one that starts at the 5 mile point - behind the ball field for a warm up - then down to the gilbride lot
to the new section - https://www.strava.com/activities/1456434550 -it is actually a loop from where i turned around, but
it was too muddy to even hike at the time.

cross gilbride to yellow - do the trail along the stream up to hawk watch, miller lane lot, trails towards vossler
switchback climbs, then back to the gilbride lot via the 4way intersection. Then orange. come down the guardrail on the second loop
ride white (or the path along the water) back to gilbride or the ball field lot.

Show up at fun monday!!
Or let me know when you want to go!

Fun Monday?

surf1net

Rode Sunday morning. Couple of puddles here and there, otherwise great conditions. You know its dry when its starting to get a little loose.
Great job cleaning up orange!

Jrzjoe

Had a good time today. It was fast.
I’ve noticed a lot seemingly unsanctioned trails lately. People should start blocking them.

Carson

Sport Bacon
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I'll be there at 9:30am in the Newmans Lane lot. Intermediate pace with few stops. Join in if it works for you.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions