Sourlands Mountain Preserve Conditions

rick81721

Lothar
Crazy amount of water on top the sourland ridge - looks like winter after a big snowfall melt. With more rain coming, likely won't be rideable until june.

Dingo

I was driving on 287 saturday am, and there were puddles on the grassy shoulders.
worse spring since 1978 is what the news said.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
I can tell from road rides around it that it's in bad shape - and that was before the rain that's been coming down for hours. I'm hoping for july - seriously
fawk, figures when I am stoked on the Mtb, next 4-6 is prime morning light season as sunrise approaches before 5:30

phillychris498

Riding on Tres Amigos (red blaze) and boulderama is dry as of Friday. The new trail is too muddy to ride, I turned around about 50 feet in. Lower trails are still a muddy mess, had to walk around a good amount of muddy sections there. If the next week is dry I'd think Sourlands would be good to go.

phillychris498

Riding on Tres Amigos (red blaze) and boulderama is dry as of Friday. The new trail is too muddy to ride, I turned around about 50 feet in. Lower trails are still a muddy mess, had to walk around a good amount of muddy sections there. If the next week is dry I'd think Sourlands would be good to go.

Given today's rain and the forecasted rain on Wednesday, I'd give the trails until at least Friday/Saturday until its good and rideable.

rick81721

Lothar
Hey believe it or not it is finally primo conditions. One section of the C trail from white above roaring rocks to red was blocked with a bent tree weighed down by a huge branch - cleared it with the silky saw:

35336273_325071394694895_1208375751510851584_n.jpg

34324513_1823958964387097_6256297633938145280_n.jpg

Only trail I didn't check out was chunky monkey - too dang hot, I bailed. But based on what I saw, it's probably still soft in a few spots but rideable

phillychris498

Hey believe it or not it is finally primo conditions. One section of the C trail from white above roaring rocks to red was blocked with a bent tree weighed down by a huge branch - cleared it with the silky saw:

35336273_325071394694895_1208375751510851584_n.jpg

34324513_1823958964387097_6256297633938145280_n.jpg

Only trail I didn't check out was chunky monkey - too dang hot, I bailed. But based on what I saw, it's probably still soft in a few spots but rideable
I had ridden Sourlands before the primo conditions of this week, and forgot to post up about that downed tree on the C trail up to Tres Amigos. There was actually a ride around that I did to avoid it that was a little buffed in.

rick81721

Lothar
I had ridden Sourlands before the primo conditions of this week, and forgot to post up about that downed tree on the C trail up to Tres Amigos. There was actually a ride around that I did to avoid it that was a little buffed in.

I noticed a couple of other rogue work-around trails that are popping up, and not where the trail is blocked, just an easier path for hikers. Gotta close them

blackburn1973

Approximately where were they? The ones on Three Amigos? Haven't been out to SL yet this year but hoping to get there this weekend. Thanks for unblocking.

phillychris498

Approximately where were they? The ones on Three Amigos? Haven't been out to SL yet this year but hoping to get there this weekend. Thanks for unblocking.

There were a bunch of alt lines that had been ignored for a while. I cleared some of the alt lines at the beginning of the red trail (riding from the shot climb out to the pipeline), but didn't get to some of the alt lines closer to the pipeline. I assume @cbiker cleared the alt lines towards the end of tres amigos. Or maybe there were some closed off alt lines on Boulderama..

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions