COMING UP:

Last edited:

MissJR

not in the mood for your shenanigans
Team MTBNJ Halter's
NEVER TOO EARLY:

Last edited:

echappy

does anyone know if there may be more clinics coming up?

I finally took to the trails of Lewis Morris and had a blast. That said, I was a bit scared of the gravel descents, as those are the descents to which you give a lot of respect on the road bike. Seems like I can get away with descending while cornering while on my MTB, and it'd be nice to become more proficient in this department

qclabrat

I finally took to the trails of Lewis Morris and had a blast. That said, I was a bit scared of the gravel descents, as those are the descents to which you give a lot of respect on the road bike. Seems like I can get away with descending while cornering while on my MTB, and it'd be nice to become more proficient in this department
Join one of the beginner rides. We chat a bit about technique and skills. Next week, we'll be at LewMo

MissJR

Team MTBNJ Halter's

I'll check around specifically for some clinics for the next post later today.

I know @muddybike had posted some clinic dates but those dates have passed. She may still be doing private lessons though if you want to go that route.

but if you're on a group ride and you have questions, trust me, someone will help you out. :)

Mtbdog

Last week was my first time doing the Marty's Wednesday evening ride and Boris was very helpful with some tips on downhill positioning on the bike. I'm sure those rides would be a good start. Enjoy!☺

qclabrat

I'll check around specifically for some clinics for the next post later today.

I know @muddybike had posted some clinic dates but those dates have passed. She may still be doing private lessons though if you want to go that route.

but if you're on a group ride and you have questions, trust me, someone will help you out. :)
My schedule is a bit screwy now with school. But I'll be looking to get a small group together for lessons with Kris later in the year. It will be a small group (3-4), which I'll open to the OOS guys/gals group first. If anyone is interested, join our rides. I can help to coordinate the lessons, but best when grouped with people with like skills level.

MissJR

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Thanks, @qclabrat , @MissJR , and @Mtbdog ; as mentioned elsewhere, that's the trail closest to me (about 10 min of driving away). WIll check it out next week (assuming no rain).

there's a group ride tonight at lew mo... 6 pm... sunrise lot. (actually there's a couple of rides doing the race course) i'll be on the ride with Boris from Marty's if you want to check it out. ours is a no drop ride.

echappy

Thanks for the offer, and wish i could join you guys. unfortunately today is my rest day after trashing my legs doing a weight circuit yesterday. I’ll plan it next week so that it wont be an issue.

Also, i was really glad to see so many people out mtb-ing on the trails. When i rode on the road in the Morristown area, im lucky if i see five people a day. There must have been more than 10 when i was there

Top Bottom