High Mountain Conditions

bucknejo

Would anyone know if HMP be ridable this weekend if the rain holds off? I'm thinking possibly Sunday afternoon-ish. I typically ride deer pen, circleswitch, inidans, secret, wolf, snake - stuff like that. Don't want to wreck the place if it's too wet & muddy.

BillyGoatBiker

I rode most of Ancients yesterday, the yellow trail and unmarked double track I took to access the single track are in rough shape, lots of water flowing down the trails which was pooling in deep ruts left by ATVs.

Ancients was not muddy but conditions were definitely borderline, I was careful to make sure I was not leaving any ruts (or would have turned around) but the ground is very soft and soggy and after this bout of snow will need some time to dry out.

Mtbdog

Did blue and orange today, very wet, some washouts, but not bad. Some parts of Ancients was a little slick by water tank near golf course.

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
Rode ancients northbound loop yesterday. Trails were good with some debris, cleared loose sticks as we went but my buddy and i felt like our bikes/derailleurs were stick magnets. 1 big tree down on the climb from the pond to the water tower by the golf course. Gonna need a chainsaw or a reroute. Also 1 small one right by the pond that is hand-saw or lopper worthy.

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
Primo conditions today. Did some exploring on "new to me" trails today following Maprika on the Hawk side. It appears "Rabbit Hole (3b)" has been closed down? Wasn't a big deal as I went around to the next trail. Great stuff at this park, really liking it.

Mtbdog

Was at High Mt today and although a little wet in spots overall a good ride until I hit Rambler. Rambler had logs across it what seemed like every fifty feet or so, and rock bridges were torn up. Just a heads up, did anyone else run into this?

Mtbdog

Did Sunday's loop today and made a wrong turn on sparrow and landed up kinky turtle head. It was a complete swamp. Doubled back and found hawks thanks to bermsandboofs for the new way to the top! Finished up going down space mountain. Lots of fun, great conditions.

Berms&Boofs

Lots of new damage was seen on Ancients, Deer Pen, and Transfer this week from dirt bikes (deep ruts/tracks, ripped up corners, and kicked up rocks). If anyone sees this rider, please talk to them and let them know about all the hard work that goes into these trails. The singletrack trails at HM are not designed to support motors. Hopefully we can persuade the rider to stay on the blazed trails.

bucknejo

Yes - slippery rocks early in the morning. Probably totally fine now. The only standing water I encountered was on the blazed trails. Was only in the middle of the park though, deer pen, Indians, secret, et al.

bucknejo

Hi guys - saw two rather large black bears this morning just past the junction of red and white after finishing up on Secret. No trouble, just checking me out, but they didn't really run off either.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Hi guys - saw two rather large black bears this morning just past the junction of red and white after finishing up on Secret. No trouble, just checking me out, but they didn't really run off either.
I think I have been hearing of more bear sightings at HM this year than the previous few.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions