World Cup

Roadie

It's a good thing that I don't actually bite my nails when I'm nervous, or I wouldn't have any nails left.

But WTF Jermaine Jones? How stupid can you be, but that call still seemed really harsh. It looks like he was trying to push the dude away with his fist, and it also looks like he didn't even make contact, but why do that? The other player was clearly gonna be sent off, why risk joining him?

And can they just do away with the ridiculous yellow card accumulations rule yet? Players get carded for the stupidest shit nowadays, how can you expect them to go four or five games without picking up two yellow cards!

I can't care about Euro 2016 until the USA's Copa run is over :p
Jones always seems to have those moments where he loses it. He is good but a loose cannon and red card waiting to happen

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Well, bummer for Mexico, but I have a feeling we're gonna have a similar experience Tuesday night. I told my dad I would take him to the final if the US wins, so I'm kind of hedging my bets. How about that first Argentina goal though! Messi = God, and a nice finish from Higuain too.

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
On the US game... Messi is the man. We had how many shots on goal?

Yeah, that was pretty embarrassing. I know there was no way that Argentina wasn't going to win, but I was hoping the US would at least show up and play a good game. And WTF I can't believe Wondo started! He had his chance at the World Cup and totally blew it. That free kick was phenomenal, even if Messi did move the ball up a few yards. I don't really know much about that 17 year old kid that went in during the second half, but he was getting pushed around like he was a child. I think it's gonna be a while before he's ready for the physicality of the international game. I think we should be satisfied that the US made it to the semi-finals, but it would be really awesome if they could come out and beat Columbia in the rematch for third place.

Roadie

Yeah, that was pretty embarrassing. I know there was no way that Argentina wasn't going to win, but I was hoping the US would at least show up and play a good game. And WTF I can't believe Wondo started! He had his chance at the World Cup and totally blew it. That free kick was phenomenal, even if Messi did move the ball up a few yards. I don't really know much about that 17 year old kid that went in during the second half, but he was getting pushed around like he was a child. I think it's gonna be a while before he's ready for the physicality of the international game. I think we should be satisfied that the US made it to the semi-finals, but it would be really awesome if they could come out and beat Columbia in the rematch for third place.
Wondo was definitely a head scratcher. I don't think there is any shame in losing to Argentina. The game was a good barometer for us to see where we stand with respect to elite teams in the world during a real competition (vs a friendly).

We have a long way to go still and it will probably take a long time for us to get to world power status but progress is being made. We will get there. It is inevitable.

The 3rd place game on Saturday is a great opportunity for them to show they can bounce back and play well after a tough loss. Looking forward to seeing how we react. The final between Chile and Argentina should be a great match.

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Poland vs. Switzerland, right now. 1-0! Lets go Polska!

I hear good ol Tim Howard is playing next US game. Should be an easy defense.

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Poland vs. Switzerland, right now. 1-0! Lets go Polska!

Yeah, lots of soccer going in the next couple of days.

I hear good ol Tim Howard is playing next US game. Should be an easy defense.

I hope so, Tim Howard is the man, and he's from NJ! You can't put it all on Guzan, but he totally screwed up on that first goal. He needed to come out or not come out, not come out half way and just stand there. And as perfectly placed as Messi's free kick was, Guzan just about got to it. I think Howard might have been able to save that one too.

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Forgot to post this one a few weeks ago, in case you missed the Champions League final:

I zipped it back and made my wife watch it, and even she was impressed.

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
In other news though, anyone watch the Champions League final? No spoilers, but better than Zidane's goal in 2002 or 2003?

BPaze

In other news though, anyone watch the Champions League final? No spoilers, but better than Zidane's goal in 2002 or 2003?

I feel for that keeper worst game of his life just gave the best team 2 goals no chance they could win with play like that

Top Bottom