One wheelset for CX and XC MTB.

if anyone knows what font "valor" is in, ill need to make some faux graphics.. time to open up the thesaurus for antonyms for valor....

cowardice
meekness
fear
timid

timid may win....

if anyone knows what font "valor" is in, ill need to make some faux graphics.. time to open up the thesaurus for antonyms for valor....

cowardice
meekness
fear
timid

timid may win....

Velor

as in velor leisure suit!

The difference is night and day.

Wait, more details needed. Just the weight difference or do you notice a huge difference in how the ride? Can you run lower pressure on the Valors because the tire bead is more secure on them or because you are less likely to pinch flat due to the shape or vertical compliance of the rim? I know @UtahJoe says the Valors are so much less harsh than his Chinese carbons were.

Wait, more details needed. Just the weight difference or do you notice a huge difference in how the ride? Can you run lower pressure on the Valors because the tire bead is more secure on them or because you are less likely to pinch flat due to the shape or vertical compliance of the rim? I know @UtahJoe says the Valors are so much less harsh than his Chinese carbons were.
Lighter, wider = lower psi, more compliant, lighter, and lighter.

Lighter, wider = lower psi, more compliant, lighter, and lighter.
Per the stans
website, valor rim is 39 grams lighter that crest mk3, 1.38oz, 0.085lb.

I know weight is part of the arms race, but you can loose that much taking a crap. Yeah, sure, rotational weight, but I am
Not sure this deserves a 3 lighter rating.

I thought it was funny when enve admitted one of their rims was too stiff. I guess they need a reason to get someone to buy a new set.

Per the stans

I know weight is part of the arms race, but you can loose that much taking a crap. Yeah, sure, rotational weight, but I am

I thought it was funny when enve admitted one of their rims was too stiff. I guess they need a reason to get someone to buy a new set.

39g x2 = 78g
plus you can get away with 24/28h vs 32h for Lightweight aluminum rims so 6g x12 = 72g

150g lighter than Crest is pretty significant. Not sure it passes the 1$/g test doe.

Per the stans

Valor vs Iron Cross doe.
Too many beers = someone else can run the numbers. And the Iron Cross are Funk Master Flexy.

mmmmm-so-glad-bacon-is-a-finger-food-hand-smells-gooood.png

"I Bacon Ranch" is another anagram for "China Carbon" @pearl which Bacon Ranch are you looking at? Not all Bacon Ranches are created equally.
bummer, Valor does not have any anagrams, but "Stans Valor" yields:

Naval Sorts
Larva Snots
Lavas Snort
Slant Savor

This is going to get good

I've heard good things about this dude Peter from iPlay on other bicycle forums, he was trying to put his stickers on my wheels, I guess I need to talk to him about that

Back
Top Bottom