Blauvelt Conditions

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Here is the spot for you to post updated conditions for Blauvelt.

Currently the trails are in great shape,
there are a few minor wet spots that are being worked on,
but overall the trails are riding great!

MuniMan

There have been some recent incidents of glass, nails and screws found on the trail near the Tackamack park lot. More up to date info can be found at the PalisadesMTB Facebook group.

jmanic

Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
There have been some recent incidents of glass, nails and screws found on the trail near the Tackamack park lot. More up to date info can be found at the PalisadesMTB Facebook group.
Thanks for posting Muni.

jmanic

Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Palisades MTB
https://m.facebook.com/groups/10633...4276768919407&ref=m_notif¬if_t=group_activity

Shepard Grinker‎Palisades MTB

Folks. We met with the land managers of Blauvelt this week and had a very productive discussion. It's been about one year since PMTB was granted access to building trails there and we wanted to follow up to see if there were concerns and what areas we need to improve. Here are some of the concerns expressed by the NY parks:
1. Illegal and non-authorized (rogue) trail building.
2. Illegal night riding. The park closes at dark.
3. Riding under non-ideal trail conditions (mostly mud or wet).

We presented some solutions to the Parks to proactively discourage these activities which we will share with you in the next newsletter.

In the meantime, please be responsible and don't partake in the activities of concern with the parks. Future trail building and land access are dependent on our cooperation. Please feel free to reach out to Seth Reichlin or me for more details. Now here's a cool MTB picture to get you psyched for the Spring!

27748020_2339119526114056_4474473631186229688_o.jpg

mustclime

I was there on Monday for the first time in years.... aside from the trail eating Ari’s bike, it was a great day.... nice work trail guys!

mustclime

There again, you guys really need more “bike” signs at the intersections. Got off the “bike” trails a couple times because I was not sure where to go.

MuniMan

There again, you guys really need more “bike” signs at the intersections. Got off the “bike” trails a couple times because I was not sure where to go.

Unfortunately most of the signage that was put up has disappeared.

mustclime

Some major trees down on the loop.... some chain saw work is needed..... bug spray is a must have now, use it or be sucked dry.

manmachine

I was thinking of riding there on Sunday around 11 ish... any locals or anyone else going to be up there? Have never been to Blauvelt.
Geo

MuniMan

I walked the dog around the loop today.

All clear. The leaves are beat down enough to follow the trail.

Lots of fresh graffiti. The park is being kept up in that respect. :)

74EE2154-7668-4A82-91D7-C930A03C9375.jpeg

Last edited:
Top Bottom