Mercer County Park Conditions

TAS

OK so much for my "Ride with no saw"!
I rode the south side west picnic to east, then red loop by the river, Blue by the lake, double bridges, SOB the Grail Trail and cleared whatever I found.

Removed a tree across the paved path near the East Picnic area.

Took out the vine monsters that were by the old farmhouse.

Grail Trail has a few wet spots, need to dismount and walk. The lake level has dropped, blue by the lake is rideable but wet. Need to dismount.

There was a lot of small blockages that were easily cleared, except for the 2 monsters on Blue near the rowing center. (Bottom Pic)
There is no walk around, You have to lift you bike over or just ride SOB.
Van Nest, Yellow and Red are all cleared and rideable. I just hope this next storm goes AWAY!!!

We plan to clear the big trees on Thursday PM.

TAS

Attachments

• DSCN1610.JPG
    DSCN1610.JPG
    167.3 KB · Views: 114
  • DSCN1612.JPG
    DSCN1612.JPG
    165.3 KB · Views: 129
  • DSCN1613.JPG
    DSCN1613.JPG
    186.2 KB · Views: 123

TAS

FYI ....The two big downed trees near the rowing center will be cleared tomorrow morning..:thumbsup: Pics to follow.
Hurry up SPRING! We can't take this winter anymore o_O !!!!!!

TAS

TAS

Blue is now open. Mick & I cleared it this morning
The stump on the right may straighten up a bit more over time as the root ball will begin to sink.
It was flat over when we started but stood up when we began sawing. See thumbnail below.

Trails are still soft/damp/greasy but should be fine by tomorrow.

TAS
DSCN1618.JPG

Attachments

• DSCN1617.JPG
    DSCN1617.JPG
    170.4 KB · Views: 106
We just back from riding there today, trails were pretty dry short of some little spots. Lots of downed trees and branches though on the blue trail, the part past the rowing center that eventually returns to the power wires at the end. It was a great alternative to Allaire which was a total mess and still has snow on the trails.

rick81721

Lothar
We just back from riding there today, trails were pretty dry short of some little spots. Lots of downed trees and branches though on the blue trail, the part past the rowing center that eventually returns to the power wires at the end. It was a great alternative to Allaire which was a total mess and still has snow on the trails.

Blue is rideable?

BigSpoon

MCP is looking real good. Lots of new “ways to go”. Solid work by the trail maintenance squad. Looking forward to working this trail back into the ride rotation.

TAS

Robert, Thanks for the ride report! I plan to get over to "Blue North"(as in north of the power lines) this week.

TAS

Mountain Bike Mike

Robert, Thanks for the ride report! I plan to get over to "Blue North"(as in north of the power lines) this week.

TAS

I’ll take the NICA team on outter blue this evening and we’ll clear some of the easier to move stuff as we make our way

TAS

I’ll take the NICA team on outter blue this evening and we’ll clear some of the easier to move stuff as we make our way
Great!! I know that there is a big one down near the power lines / pond end. We will get that one later as there is a go around.
I you can.... please let me know aprox location of bigger stuff that I can get with a hand saw 19" blade. (Silky Katana Boy)

TAS

Attachments

• DSCN0968.JPG
    DSCN0968.JPG
    182.8 KB · Views: 103

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Btw, where did that beat ass bridge go by the damn, last time I rode it looked like the water pushed it away from the crik and I had intended to move it back today althohhh I didn’t see it. Would be nice to have that one back to go over the one water hole.

Mountain Bike Mike

Great!! I know that there is a big one down near the power lines / pond end. We will get that one later as there is a go around.
I you can.... please let me know aprox location of bigger stuff that I can get with a hand saw 19" blade. (Silky Katana Boy)

TAS

We moved about a handful of trees. the trail could use a good raking and I may head back out there this weekend with my kids and do that.

There are a few small trees that can be cut with a hand saw and really large one more towards the power line end of the trail - not the monster you mentioned already... further in.

By the way, all the small patches of stone at the beginning of the trail made a nice difference with mud.

The overall trail still had some wet and soft spots. Its not perfect but its pretty good compared to many other places.

There are three hand sawable trees on the main blue trail out to the boat house

TAS

We moved about a handful of trees. the trail could use a good raking and I may head back out there this weekend with my kids and do that.

There are a few small trees that can be cut with a hand saw and really large one more towards the power line end of the trail - not the monster you mentioned already... further in.

By the way, all the small patches of stone at the beginning of the trail made a nice difference with mud.

The overall trail still had some wet and soft spots. Its not perfect but its pretty good compared to many other places.

There are three hand sawable trees on the main blue trail out to the boat house

Yesterday afternoon I walked Blue from the South Post road trail head about 1/2 way out & back. Cleared a bunch of downed trees and general debris pickup.
I'll be back out there today for a ride and bring my saws so I can cover more ground.
I'll get the 3 on the main blue trail to the boathouse too.

Glad you liked the "yellow brick road". It was a heck of a job that could not have been done without the TM volunteers!
fullsizeoutput_1f9.jpeg

Have a few adjustments to make but it is certainly rideable wet or dry and much more sustainable than before.

Thanks for the report!

Attachments

• DSCN1619.JPG
    DSCN1619.JPG
    209.5 KB · Views: 111
  • DSCN1620.JPG
    DSCN1620.JPG
    211.3 KB · Views: 115

TAS

Btw, where did that beat ass bridge go by the damn, last time I rode it looked like the water pushed it away from the crik and I had intended to move it back today althohhh I didn’t see it. Would be nice to have that one back to go over the one water hole.
Down the river??? I was riding it too.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions