qclabrat

anyone here is not allowed to join my rides unless you find your way to a Short Track or H2H event...
Not sure if anything is ridable except the burliest of trails (RV, HM, etc)for the next two weeks based on temps and rain. Still skiing anyways
Good call Chris to stay on the pavement or ride inside. I'm getting by trainer setup this weekend. Planning to do a brevet this year so need more saddle time.
Also planning to do less "beginner" rides this year, as Magic says it may be time to move on.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Any riding this weekend? Hoping Sunday might be rideable? Will be in Marlboro at my brothers place and thinking of taking the bike if I can fit it in the Highlander without folding down the middle seats.

Mr.Moto

Any riding this weekend? Hoping Sunday might be rideable? Will be in Marlboro at my brothers place and thinking of taking the bike if I can fit it in the Highlander without folding down the middle seats.

Might have a rack for you. Highlander has a hitch, right?

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
borrow a driveway from someone on here, im sure someone could help ya out for a couple hours.
Still trying to figure out which hitch to install lol
The Toyota one is around $400 but its integrated into the bumper so has a cleaner look.
Other option is to go cheap and get something from etrailer or whatnot.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
The Toyota one is around $400 but its integrated into the bumper so has a cleaner look.

can not see it when driving. Inexpensive hitch will allow more $$$ for bike and bike bits.
or - back to "get what you want, you deserve it" mode.
either way, pull the trigger. maybe even have it installed!

Mr.Moto

My vote is etrailer for 150, but if $400 to Toyota includes install, that could eliminate some work for you.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
can not see it when driving. Inexpensive hitch will allow more $$$ for bike and bike bits.
or - back to "get what you want, you deserve it" mode.
either way, pull the trigger. maybe even have it installed!
I knew you were going say that! :thumbsup:
I am kinda leaning towards the cheaper one since the car is high enough that I wont have issues when going up driveways and what not as I did on my Acura.
But I have been shopping around and I think I can get the Toyota one for about $350.
I guess I am still waiting to gain access back into my garage. Not much so about having a place to do the install but I would like to have my tools to do the job.

As for the bike, I do want the Hightower S build but I am going to wait until later in the year when MY 2019 comes out and hope for a good discount on a demo or leftover assuming my size is available. If not, I am hoping I would have saved enough to pull the trigger on a new one. I still have the Talon to mess around with so I see no reason to rush it. I do have the Talon for sale but I doubt it will sell anytime soon if at all. Trying to be smart with my money :)

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
My vote is etrailer for 150, but if $400 to Toyota includes install, that could eliminate some work for you.
It does not include price of the install unfortunately.
These OEM stuff are rip offs... I know but cant really deny the aesthetics.

qclabrat

I have a few family activities in the city, tho if I have time to ride it will likely be at short track
Don't you have a trunk rack? Have an extra if you want to use it

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
I have a few family activities in the city, tho if I have time to ride it will likely be at short track
Don't you have a trunk rack? Have an extra if you want to use it
I wanted to go heckle at short track but its too far from my bro's place.
Don't have a trunk rack but not sure if I need one since these types of cases don't happen often.
But will it fit a Highlander or Elantra?

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Don't have a trunk rack but not sure if I need one since these types of cases don't happen often.

ok - new deadline. two weeks. the posts must change to how high mt kicked your ass again!!!
#toughlove :D

qclabrat

Good to have one as a backup, for either car.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
ok - new deadline. two weeks. the posts must change to how high mt kicked your ass again!!!
#toughlove :D
Yeah... I definitely need to get back to HM. This past Tuesday I took off from work and ended up being such a nice day. The thought crossed my mind to hit HM but got a bit intimidated. Back on a HT and on flat pedals without proper shoes didn't help my confidence. Instead went to Rei to get a mini pump. Totally copped out. But next weekend... weather permitting, I will be there and try to hit purgatory trail at full speed! Well... more like 1/4 speed. Lol

Good to have one as a backup, for either car.
I think my cheap Allen Sport rack survived. But won't know for sure until I can get into my garage. Regardless, I would like to get a tray style rack and use the Allen as a backup.

Top Bottom